Hillsdale

tamiall

Hi everyone!

I am new to the miniature world. I recently purchased The Hillsdale and The Linfield dollhouses on ebay! I would like to finish and furnish these houses in period appropriate style. Any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. They will be my first attempts at the miniature world and I want to get off to a good start. The only ideas I have so far is that I would like to make as much as I can as economically as I can. Thanks in advance! I am looking forward to your replies.

tamiall

:fish1: You'll get plenty of help here. Everyone is great. Good luck with your houses.

Ask any questions in "general mini talk" or "questions about a particular house." Also, look at the pictures in the gallery.

Enjoy!

Hi everyone!

I am new to the miniature world. I recently purchased The Hillsdale and The Linfield dollhouses on ebay! I would like to finish and furnish these houses in period appropriate style. Any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. They will be my first attempts at the miniature world and I want to get off to a good start. The only ideas I have so far is that I would like to make as much as I can as economically as I can. Thanks in advance! I am looking forward to your replies.

tamiall

Welcome to our "little" family, first of all.

What period style do you think appropriate for these house kits? It's possible to bash these kits to any period that really grabs your imagination (take a look at the Coventry Cottage building blog to see what I mean!lol).

As for making as much as you can as economically as you can, in addition to being the Queen of Spackling Compound I am the Begum of Cheap DIY. Actually I bow to the Recycling Reigning Reina, Patricia King, whose books are well worth scouting a good bargain price for online.

Welcome to the forum. :)

There are lots of talented people here just waiting to help.

Also, we like pictures, so be sure to take and upload (very easy) pictures of your work in progress.

:dog: