XMAS GIFT

Graylady

Hi. I received the garfield as a xmas gift from my daughter and have no idea what to do with it. I will be looking around for a lot of help and doing a lot of reading. I hope I can get some answers from everyone. Barbara Thornton

Hi and Welcome to the forum, Barbara. You are so lucky to have been given this house as a gift. It's one of the most beautiful and I hope to own one myself soon. Read over the instructions many times and get a feel for the house and then gather up a few things such as clamps, masking tape and a good wood glue etc. and then you're off. Read what others have done and take a look at all the pictures of other's Garfields to get ideas and tips. Take your time and enjoy the process.

Wendy

Ohh, and take lots of pictures!!!

Hi Barbara and welcome! B)

Lucky you to receive a Garfield as a gift! This is a lovely house and has been done up so many different ways by people here on our forum! Take a look in the Blogs and/or Gallery for inspiration and tons of building information! :(

If this isn't your first house, believe me, it won't be your last! Miniatures and dollhouses becomes quite addictive!! ;)

Enjoy and good luck!! :D

Welcome Barbara, I know you are in for a lot of fun and also the possibility to try out so many different crafts. Take your time, read through the instruction sheet one or two times and then you will be of wiht a flying start. If you would hit a snag there are a lot of help to get from the forum.

Hugs

Welcome--

I'm new to the community myself but have been working on my dollhouse for many years. Just be sure to read the directions a few times before starting to get a feel for the house. I also decided on wallpaper and such before I completed my house because the walls were easier to get to before I was finished constructing. I also put in lights before I was finished for the same reason.

Have fun--they are a blast!

Stacey

Welcome Barbara, That is a wonderful house to recieve as a gift. I have been working on my frst house since October and its comming along slow but turning out great. I can not wait to see pictures of your house in progress. If you have questions this is the place to ask and find the answers. I have learned alot from the more experienced ladies on here.

Lyn

Welcome, Barbara :) What a wonderful gift to receive! Reading over the posts will give you some general ideas and you can go from there. Read the instructions to understand how the parts fit together and remember they are not cast in stone. Above all, have fun! The kits make up into lovely houses.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Garfield. I think that's my favorite dollhouse. Several people are starting on that one now so you're in good company. You can get lots of advice and directions here so feel free to ask any questions you may have. Looking forward to seeing how your house comes together. :)

Barbara you must have a really nice daughter to give such a nice gift. Be careful this can become very addictive. Enjoy and post pics as you go.

Peggi