Limited Edition Arthur

heidiiiii

I have started sanding.. I am sitting down watching Project Runway on DVR and sanding away. This is a honey of a kit. Love the wood!

I cant wait to get to the hardware store to get the stain for it!

What are you doing with yours?

I am a maniac!

I am all done sanding (for now) and I already did a dry fit! ROFL

i wish it was payday today so that I could go get the stain now.

I was thinking that THIS may be the house for my Sylvania critters. I am going to have to learn how to sew in small versions because they ALL need new outfits.

Wow Heidi, you are fast, even when you aren't feeling well! Yeah, that birch plywood is really nice. I don't have the Arthur, but I use it for roomboxes, and I love it. I would gladly pay more for kits if they used it instead of the stuff you have to use so much putty and other cover up stuff.

I worked on the shutters yesterday and I want to give you all a heads up. There is a backing that you can paint or stain. This backing is glued to the shutter so that you can have a different effect if you want.

But the backing curls when it is wet. You have to tape it down to the shutter front really well until the glue dries. Do not think it is unusable because of the curling. It bends just fine.

I have always liked BALTIC BIRCH plywood for my scratchbuilt projects for a multitude of reasons tight grain on the faces, no voids inside and it works well with most tools I own.

If I was to build any full size dollhouses (I have only built the village and town) I would pay the premium for an superior material.

Ed

Now that the Plan house is gone..I can clear the decks and continue working on the LE. But not today. I have someone on freecycle coming by this morning to pick up this vanity that has been staring at me forever. Going to a good home. Then I have to clean the diningroom and re-arrange.

Then the LE will be ready for me to play.

Wow Heidi, you are fast, even when you aren't feeling well! Yeah, that birch plywood is really nice. I don't have the Arthur, but I use it for roomboxes, and I love it. I would gladly pay more for kits if they used it instead of the stuff you have to use so much putty and other cover up stuff.

Im with you on this one. I would also gladly pay more for the better wood. Greenleaf kits are already very affordable so I wouldnt mind at all.

I started putting the shell together so far. I decided yesterday after looking at stains that I am not going to stain the body of the dh. I am going to leave it be and just stain the trim. I will poly the whole thing afterward and let the natural color shine thru.

I still cannot find the charger for the camera batteries...grrrr!

I think i will have to bite the bullet and buy another one. I know the minute a new one comes into the house, I will find the old one.

So you will just have to imagine what I have done already...virtual eye candy..LOL

Edit: I looked once more and I found it.. yay me. So now I can take pics of the LE in progress...but have to wait for the batteries to charge.

I posted some pics in the gallery. It is a start. Getting the shell together. It is an easy build. Really easy. So smooth and the tabs go right into the slots..no problems. I like the wood alot!

Ohhhh, I am getting veeery eager getting the house!!!! Hmmm, I think I need to make a strict plan on what to do for the show and then also schedule in some "me-mini-ing" time as well... Ohhh the show will be a perfect time to stock up on neat building component like the Dutch tile stove (now I wonder if that is the correct term but the dictionary says so....) ....

Hugs and thanks for sharing!

The LE Aurthur sounds like it's alot of fun to build... do you have any decor plans for your Sylvanian critters?

Also, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person who watches Project Runway! I'm really suprised Victorya was eliminated, I thought the final fashion show would be her and that Christian guy.

The LE Aurthur sounds like it's alot of fun to build... do you have any decor plans for your Sylvanian critters?

Also, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person who watches Project Runway! I'm really suprised Victorya was eliminated, I thought the final fashion show would be her and that Christian guy.

I do not have any ideas for the inside yet. Maybe she will talk once I have her put together. As for Project Runway, the girls and I have been watching it since it started (Where`s Andre?). They got me hooked onto it.

I dont know who the 3 people will be. Christian for sure , the woman with the curly brown hair, and I do not know??? It would be cool if Sweet P did. I like her.

The trim is going to be a dark maple. I started with an accent of red on the shutters. I think this is going to morph pretty soon.

I have already decided that it is going to be a shared home with the Sylvania families. There are two families of four (mother father and two children), there is a family of three (mother and two children) and a single woman.

Each family will get a room to live in. I think each room will be their individual parlor. But decorated to that families taste. Of course the bigger families will get the larger rooms.

There is a rabbit family, a fox family, and two bear families.

I am going to have to give them names too. Ugh! And dress them too.