November Newsletter

Peggi

Holly, I forwarded it to you. It must be going in your spam or junk folder. Mine went into my Bulk folder (which is spam folder) and I set it to approve it so that I will see it in my "in" box.

Hope you get the one I forwarded to you.

:o

I just received the November newsletter, thank you, Tracy! :o

I usually check the spam filter list first thing in the AM & it hasn't even showed up. I have a nasty feeling our anti-virus software may be making life difficult, I had to click a place to download the pictures and that may be why the "Surprise" site didn't work for me. We got an animated American Greetings Thanksgiving e-card from close friends that won't download, either :D

I never recieved my November Newsletter either. Another member said she would try to send it to me, but I still never recieved it. I look in my spam folder all the time. And it's not there either. Can someone please, please,please, try to forward it to me. :) I would really love to read it! Thank you so much!

Robin

People who aren't receiving them should be sure to check your "spam" folder (if you have one). I haven't had a newsletter blocked but sometimes notifications that I have a PM go in there.

Please keep in mind that the newsletter is sent to the email address you have registered at the forum. If you need to update your email address, you can do so by going to My Controls and then select Change Email Address which is located under the Options section.

Thanks!

Dean

We have the same ol' email addy as always. I'm not sure what the "puter techies [ut on the laptop, we have a print program we can't access because they didn't put in or give us the 25-digit access code, so I'm not surprised we have problems.

Other emails from Greenleaf have showed up in our spam filter that I can retrieve, but not the newsletter :)

As a certified 'puter techie, (yep, that's what I do for a living) maybe I can shed some light on the subject. Spam is the bane of the existence of every ISP for a couple of reasons. One is that it's a terrible strain on our servers and bandwidth, but mainly, it's a strain on their customers who keep asking for higher and higher protective measures to keep spam out of their inboxes.

So, ISP's rachet up the spam filters and even tho people may still see a lot of spam in their inboxes, that's just a small percentage of what is actually caught in the filters and never makes it thru. The downside to that is that things like newsletters and other bulk mailings get caught too. Brightmail filters are intelligent, but they can't always distinguish between what is a requested bulk mailing and what is spam. While your ISP would love to be able to change their filters to let your newsletter thru, it's probably not going to be possible.

May I make a suggestion to the forum admin? In addition to mailing out the newsletters, would it be possible to post a text copy here on the forum for those who have over-efficient spam filters? That way if anyone doesn't get a copy or someone who has deleted theirs wants to read a back issue, it would be readily available.

Just a thought. :)

Deb

Thanks for all the info Deb! I’m one of those folks you mentioned that kept asking for higher and higher protective measures to keep spam out of my inbox and finally had to resort to a third party for a solution. The results are that I unfortunately miss legitimate email, but my inbox would be completely unmanageable otherwise. One way to help prevent this is for users to add legitimate addresses to their SPAM filters white list. In the case of the newsletter, that would be newsletter@greenleafdollhouses.com, but it might be a good idea to add the whole domain, greenleafdollhouses.com, so that you can receive emails sent by the forum (PM notifications, subscriptions, ect).

Unfortunately, this alone will not insure that you will receive our newsletter. Some ISP’s blacklist the IP addresses of servers that have excessive reports of SPAM. Since we are using a third party product, it is possible that some of their IP addresses are blacklisted. Does that mean we’re using an un-reputable service? No. It means that they send out a large volume of mail and many people with report mail as SPAM rather then use the unsubscribe feature. We can use our last mailing as an example. We sent out 450 emails and were reported for SPAM three times which is about .07%. These servers send out millions of emails a day so you can see how it might be a problem.

I can provide a form letter to send to your ISP requesting that they remove the block (if any) from the service we use. I think that this might be a little extreme and it might be better to rely on the good nature of our members to just forward a copy to those of you who are having a problem. I plan on setting up an archive of the newsletter as Deb suggests which will be a better solution, but it this might have to wait until after the holidays. In the mean time, your understanding is appreciated!

Thanks again Deb!

Dean