Miniatures.com Contest

Minis On The Edge

Is anyone joining the Miniatures.com Contest this year? I got as far as assembling the roombox (Which was only 20 min.). I even outlined and drew pictures of how I wanted to decorate and create a wonderful scene. I just don't think I'll be finished in time to enter this year either :)

I am going to enter a contest on another forum I belong to. We have to make a miniature creation out of a "Matchbox". I am almost finished with that (Don't like how it's turning out :) ) but I wanted to join in on the Miniatures.com contest this year too :p .

Anyone else doing it this year?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting my matchbox entry as soon as I finish the Cape May (which should be done tonight) -- it's the second of my three projects that must be finished before I do the haunted house.

I didn't know about the miniatures.com contest until earlier today (was checking out a sale flyer they sent), when I saw the deadline date, I laughed out loud.

No, I'm not entering that one. :)

I'm planning on entering, if we can get our entry finished on time. I have a terrible tendency of waiting until the last minute to work on things like that, and we didn't get the roombox itself assembled until last week. But it's coming together okay so far. Hopefully we can get it all done on time. :)

Tracy, I did the same thing... assembled the roombox, even got a lot of the stuff I needed for the inside, but never finished. :)

I wanted to do false walls with a lit-up scene behind them that you could see through a window, so that was holding me up from doing the inside. I just lost all my motivation.

I ordered their kit - but never even assembled the room box - What I had planned was going to require quite a bit of bashing and I never did get the right hole cutters to do it - I'm still thinking of making it up but probably not till... let's just sometime After next spring.. most likely Spring of 07 LOL. By that time I'll either have changed my mind on what to do with it.. or I'll have the right tools :)

-David

I made a removable roof/ ceiling for it, none of the pictures show it, but between the parallel molding between the columns it's painted a deep ultramarine blue with a different constellation picked out in gold glittery nail enamel; just because I could.

I'm starting my matchbox entry as soon as I finish the Cape May (which should be done tonight) -- it's the second of my three projects that must be finished before I do the haunted house.

I didn't know about the miniatures.com contest until earlier today (was checking out a sale flyer they sent), when I saw the deadline date, I laughed out loud.

No, I'm not entering that one. :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just looked at your link.Your 1/144 scale house is absolutely beautiful. The colours you chose for the house suit it perfectly.

Very cute! :D

I'm entering Miniatures.com contest this year (my first) I guess you would say it's more finished than not right now. I've put two of the boxes together and I still have to do the upstairs part, but I know how I'm going to do it...so I guess that's a good thing.

As soon as I get it finished I'll put pics up and you guys will have first peek at it.

It's different than just a room in a house....it's actually a round horse-training pen (my husband built the round pen for me) And I painted the walls as if it were inside a covered barn and the scene outside is mountains. The upstairs part is gonna be an area where the cowboy goes to take a break from horse training to rest and grab a bite to eat. I think it's gonna be kinda cute.

I figured that if I was going to make something and only send pics in for contest that it should be something that we would like to have sitting around the house. We are kinda 'horsey' people so that's why I picked that theme.

Should I take a pic of it as it is so far so you will get an idea of what I mean?

Later,

Doe

Well I have pics of my shop up. They are not the pics I am going to send in but Just for you to see. I am so nervous! This is the first time I have ever entered anything I made in a contest before. Not that I think I will win I just have this fear they will ban me from entering again because it wasn't good enough. :o

Not that I think I will win I just have this fear they will ban me from entering again because it wasn't good enough.  :o

You have absolutely nothing to be afraid of there!! It's beautiful!! I want to walk right in and hand over my wallet! It's a wonderful scene and you did a fabulous job on it!

Deb

I'm entering Miniatures.com contest this year (my first) I guess you would say it's more finished than not right now. I've put two of the boxes together and I still have to do the upstairs part, but I know how I'm going to do it...so I guess that's a good thing.

As soon as I get it finished I'll put pics up and you guys will have first peek at it.

It's different than just a room in a house....it's actually a round horse-training pen (my husband built the round pen for me) And I painted the walls as if it were inside a covered barn and the scene outside is mountains. The upstairs part is gonna be an area where the cowboy goes to take a break from horse training to rest and grab a bite to eat. I think it's gonna be kinda cute.

I figured that if I was going to make something and only send pics in for contest that it should be something that we would like to have sitting around the house. We are kinda 'horsey' people so that's why I picked that theme.

Should I take a pic of it as it is so far so you will get an idea of what I mean?

Later,

Doe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow! That sounds great Doe! Where are the pictures?