I need help with my Garfield no 8010

raycgrandpa

Hi Ray!! Several people here have built or are working on Garfields, although I'm not one of them. I'm sure one or more will respond quickly. Perhaps if you explain where you are in the process that has you stumped, they can get right to the point. Meanwhile, welcome to the community!

Welcome to the neighborhood Ray! I know there are several people who have built this beautiful house (Hubby just told me today that he feels I should do this same house for myself instead of doing a pierce as my own house so I am getting a bit excited about this). :p Hold on tight and do Let Ann know where you are at. She does wonderful work on her houses for sure!

• 2 months later...

Hi Ray:

I am building a Garfield right now. I have a blog at: http://smehreen-garfield.blogspot.com/

I am not too far ahead yet: just about done with preparing the floors, and about to start on wallpapering. I tend to wallpaper before I assemble the house, because it is easier for me. I hope my blog helps. If there is anything more specific that you want help with, please let me know.

Regards and good luck on the Garfield,

Sumaiya.

• 2 weeks later...

What a good idea. I imagine it really opens up that area. You are doing such a nice job on your Garfield. I have yet to start mine. I am trying to finish two others before I begin anything else. Plus, with all the relatives coming for Thanksgiving and Christmas I truly need to straighten my house. I have minis everywhere. And I do mean everywhere! :nono:

Hi good luck with the Garfield:

I am still working on mine. whenI got mine it was a flee market find not all the peices where there so I impervised I love the houses so the thing I have done are very extream for a houses I wanted it to look as real as I could so the prosses is slow I didn't have the main stair case so I made a spiral stair case for the front and then I had to make a wall I was a little long so the stair case was placed in that section any way it gave me a little more room to play with. hope we all have inspired you

• 3 weeks later...

Hello and welcome Ray! There are lots of people doing the Garfield. I have done the staircase to mine and the foundation, but that is as far as I have gotten. I have partially wallpapered and paneled my staircase and that's about all. It is stained and varnished though.....with wallpaper trimmed with chairrail and is similar to my staircase in the Pierce though MUCH bigger. That is when I stopped building the Garfield as I realized it would never come out of this house unless I broke the slider glass doors and hauled it out through the openings.....but then all that glass! So I am building the Pierce (albeit slowly) and awaiting the day when Doug decides to sell this house and we move! Hopefully the new house will have double doors!

Wolfie

Does the Garfield come with photo and detailed instructions like the Beacon Hill? Ive always been curious about that.

The Garfields instructions are vague. I had to rely on the schematics almost entirely. That and looking at other members photos on the Greenleaf website.

Yes, I am finding the instructions vague as well. TP1 how is your Garfield coming along? I'm hoping to get my daughters assembled by Christmas which will mean some marathon sessions. Today for example I spent practically the entire day preparing labeling painting staining, which reminds me how much I enjoy this sort of thing.

I would love tips from Garfield graduates (and those still in process)

What do you feel MUST be completed prior to total assembly? (I mean so far as finishes)

I have gotten the impression that the living room will need to be wallpapered because of the staircase.

I've stained floors; painted the kitchen floor. Stained the staircase, painted the risers. Painted the exterior and interior walls, ceilings, some trim. I have reserved the doors, the fireplace pieces, the dining room built in to stain. Tomorrow I plan to assemble the foundation and staircases.

Do you think it is possible to affix siding after total assembly? I hoped I could wait on wallpaper, electrical, siding and shingles.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...