I used wood grain printed Con-Tact paper. I found one that was a darker color, and one that was lighter. I cut out one inch squares and pasted them on the floor. It was considerably cheaper than using wood vineer, but it had taken me a long long time.
I use wood glue on my Garfield. I usually secure the parts with masking tape so that they don't move when drying. My Garfield construction blog maybe helpful. Here's the link: http://thegarfieldblog.blogspot.com/
As far as I know, Robin sold hers in '06. I am the one blogging about her houses this year, so on my blog the posting date shows up as 2008. But the house was made some years ago.
I'm a big fan of Robin's faux stone exteriors too!