So close, yet so far!

Katieface

Well, I was thinking about doing something bigger...like a Victorian or something. I REALLY like to decorate. I play the Sims alot, and I can't get enough of the huge houses they have on there. But there never seems to be enough room to put everything in that I want to lol

I forgot this...and I can't believe I forgot it was so rude of me...

THANKS EVERYONE!

There. I feel better. lol And I found out something. When you have a coating of glue on your index finger (I find it easier to glue seams with my fingers) it's harder to use the mouse on a laptop.

Oh wow! lol I think one Garfield would be enough :D So I still haven't found that missing piece...I guess I'll have to just wait until I clean up. It's going to be a few more days though. I've been building on it off and on for two days (Yay for days off!) and I've gotten quite a bit done. I think the shingles are going to be what costs me the most time, though. I'm considering buying some asphalt shingles when I get my next check, but I might just go with what came with the house.

Here's what I've finished so far. The door: I'm so proud of that door! I've got little bitty hinges on it that I had to nail in with some hemostats and a pair of pliers. I found a little door knocker...I just had to have it, but it has a little knob on the back of it (I don't know what for) that was getting in the way. Lo and behold - hubby owns a Dremel! I finally had a reason to use it! Yay! lol...But this is the result of my sporadic workmanship today. It doesn't look like it took that long to do what little it is....but I had to figure out some stuff, it being my first dollhouse......what am I saying? I'm not the only one on this forum to build dollhouses LOL!!! I'm so dumb.

post-2182-1183172062_thumb.jpg

post-2182-1183172111_thumb.jpg

Katie you are doing great!

Oh the sims...I was clutched into the demon addiction of that game. Many countless hours ignoring my real family to make sure my Sims family went to the bathroom and ate a good meal! ROFL

Big houses are my downfall too. So many rooms to play with.

lol I love the Sims. I bugged my honey about it until he let me install them on his computer. I hate the desktop - the chair is so uncomfortable...so I had to talk him into letting me use them on the laptop. I have all of the first editions, Hot Date, Unleashed, Makin Magic, Vacation (haven't installed that one yet...but there's still time!) and i love them all. I don't know why I have so much fun with it...

lol I love the Sims. I bugged my honey about it until he let me install them on his computer. I hate the desktop - the chair is so uncomfortable...so I had to talk him into letting me use them on the laptop. I have all of the first editions, Hot Date, Unleashed, Makin Magic, Vacation (haven't installed that one yet...but there's still time!) and i love them all. I don't know why I have so much fun with it...

dont feel bad. I too, suffer from the sims addiction. Its sad when you spend your entire weekend evenings playing with a make believe family lol.

I love building the houses, but I tend to make them HUGE then it boggs down the computer :D

And, with the new version, you can choose what they eat for dinner and such and man, it makes me want grilled cheese and hamburgers....it's crazy :unsure:

Your house is coming along very nicely!!

Thanks! :D I'm actually pretty surprised that it's coming out so well...usually my projects have something funny going on with them and I have to start over about a million times...sometimes I just want to give up on it. But this is coming along quite smoothly. I'm proud of my little DH. Maybe it's a sign from the dieties? (Just call me PC Katie) I'm meant to do DH work! That's it! It's fate! Yeah.

Woo hoo! I found my missing piece! I'm working on the porch railings right now...and I realised that I used the wrong base blocks on the front of the door!!! Oh well. I tried to take them off, and it tried to take the entire door frame with it soooo I just forgot about it. Nobody will notice, right? :D

I must admit, when I see stairs, it makes me want to build a little slinky. lol! So I finished the porch and the gable. I'm so weird when I'm alone, the entire time I was building it I was saying "Gable gable gable gable...". I like that word! lol I had to take the interior door frame back off so that I could nail the little hinges for the front door on....of course it didn't occur to me to put it in place BEFORE I put the porch on...silly me...oh well. At least I'm learning for future reference. And there will be a future in my dollhouses, believe me! I'm loving this so much! It makes me want to quit my job and make dh's for selling! lol...But it'll have to be the next dollhouse I make. This one is near and dear to my heart. It's my first dollhouse! I'm so happy.

Thanks for all your help everyone!!!

One of my personal anecdotes is "If there's a Katie, there's a way." Which means I'm the clumsiest person I know. So somehow, I managed to flip something around to where the staircase is in front of the bay window. How the heck did I manage that?! I thought I was being careful!!! I can't figure out, though, if it's the top floor or the wall. It's probably the wall, seeing as how there's little tabs and stuff on the floor...

Anyhow, I'm just going to leave it like it is. I'm putting a window seat on the gable, so I guess my dollies will have to be content with that and enjoy the fact that they can see when they're going up the staircase.

post-2182-1183251840_thumb.jpg

post-2182-1183251899_thumb.jpg

post-2182-1183251946_thumb.jpg