Electryfiing Beacon

beccas1963

Hello to all,

Waiting on the electric kit so was using ribbon to figure this all out. Could someone please look in my gallery and let me know if I have the basic idea?

Oh the lead junction thing will be under the house through the basement window

Hugs,

Bec

Hi,

Looks like you have the idea :ohyeah:

One thing I would have liked to do, (but I put the flooring in too soon) is run tape wire on the floor over where I would be putting fixtures on the ceiling below--boy, that sounds confusing...but if you do that, you can run the wiring up to the tape wire.....check out darrell's tutorial...it's very helpful :giggle:

Good luck :giggle:

Looks good to me! Not sure about where you're putting the junction though . . . I assume you won't have a window in place but will have the electrical cord running out of the window?

Ok in chat this morning I found out that the junction splice under the house isnt a good idea in case something happens. So I will be putting it on the back and pretend it isnt there lol. Will do a pic later this morning.

Bec

Bec, think about putting it on the side, near the back, instead of on the back. That way somebody looking into the dollhouse won't be staring straight at it. It won't stick out much more than the bricks you're planning to use for the foundation and can easily be camouflaged one way or another.

HERE is how it looks on the dollhouse NJ and I did for charity. It's not all that noticable in the overall scheme of things, especially with a judiciously place bush or garbage can or even some brick-color paint or brick printies.

The Cambridge that was given to me has its junction under the house and it is very hard to get to to plug and unplug. On the Lily I put it in front and it hooks up and runs out of the side porch rail. I'm still debating where to put it on the Magnolia--but will hopefully have to decide before next weekend cause I hope to be far enough along on it to start wiring.

You can cover it with or paint it a metalic color and let it pass for utility box.

We've always installed our junction boxes on the lower right hand or left hand side of the dollhouse. I then place landscaping in front of the junction.

For the Beacon Hill my dad put a doghouse over the junction box.

On the Orchid, Ray and I placed a tree and shrubbery over the jb.

The Toy Store has an outhouse and greenery placed to conceal the jb.

-Susanne

Working on your stairs...Please please please don't make the same mistake I did! I put my stairs in and then tried to wall paper, make sure you wallpaper before before you install your stairs! I know it seems as if it is common sense but I was so excited about getting my stairs in I wasn't using my head! Also wallpaper your front wall before glueing it to the house. It is impossible to get back there after the stair and/or wall are in!

Working on your stairs...Please please please don't make the same mistake I did! I put my stairs in and then tried to wall paper, make sure you wallpaper before before you install your stairs! I know it seems as if it is common sense but I was so excited about getting my stairs in I wasn't using my head! Also wallpaper your front wall before glueing it to the house. It is impossible to get back there after the stair and/or wall are in!

Yep that's what I am doing. Wallpaper then stairs that's why its taking so long! :groucho: and I didn't even install the front tower wall yet. :flowers:

post-663-1179173366_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...