Topic Titles

I'm wondering if a little reminder about identifying new topics with a specific Title and Topic Description is in order.

I just logged into 3 pages of New Posts. I don't have time to read every one of them. Scanning down the list of titles, most of the Titles revealed what the thread was about, so I could click in if it caught my interest.

Then there were two entitled: "Need ideas". A little explanation could have been added in the Topic Description blank. It only takes a second to do.

This isn't a huge problem, but with so many new members and so many more posts piling up, it would be helpful to be as specific as possible.

Thanks! :)

Great ideas guys! You can count on my support.

Before I start a new topic (well....most of the time) I'll run a search just to see if I can add onto a thread that's already been started. It would probably be more helpful, especially for new members, that we keep our topics tied up together. Sometimes us "oldtimers" are aware that a topic was discussed several months ago, where new members wouldn't be aware.

-Susanne

And maybe if people would just add on to their thread when they add new photos instead of starting a new thread everytime they add more pictures of the same house.

And (this was suggested before) maybe there could be just one thread where all ebay finds could be listed instead of a new thread for every one. Sometimes there are 2 threads about the same ebay house.

And maybe if people would just add on to their thread when they add new photos instead of starting a new thread everytime they add more pictures of the same house.

And (this was suggested before) maybe there could be just one thread where all ebay finds could be listed instead of a new thread for every one. Sometimes there are 2 threads about the same ebay house.

I agree this would be a good idea.

I'll try to do better in that department too! I'm sure I have erred! But I'm still fairly new and sometimes find problems getting around too. There is so much to learn here!

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions!

Wolfie

Y'know about a year ago I started a thread on Sarah Brightman's BB that was titled 'Dontcha just hate' and the first line when you opened the thread was'when people don't post an actual subject to their threads'? There's even 2 lines, you can post a general thought, then clarify, it aint real difficult. Fact is, if I can't tell what a thread is about, I don't bother looking.

wow a FAQ section!! this is going to be very useful for everyone!!! i already have several questions I'd like ask!!

great idea :blink:

*sorry if this was an unneccesary post. i just got so excited to see the new section!*

After reviewing this topic we've made few changes that we feel will help address some of these issues:

New Forum - Dollhouse FAQ

The purpose for this section of the forum is to provide answers to frequently asked dollhouse questions. To meet that end, all new topic will be put into the moderator's queue for review before they appear in this forum. Once approved, we encourage all members to participate while respectfully asking that you stay focused on the topic. I plan on referring visitor from our Official FAQ on the main site (non-forum types) to this area, so I thank you all in advance for your assistance. There is a link to this FAQ at the top of the new forum.

eBay Eye Candy Specific Topic

Tracy has started a post that we would like to use for pointing out all eye candy on eBay. This will consolidate all these goodies in to one juicy topic, so enjoy! This area is not to be confused with the Trading Post which can be used to highlight your own personal auctions.

Thanks again!

Dean