How do I request a friend?

Teresa, if they have a post, just click on their username at the top of the post and you will get a list open up. The second one down is Add as Friend, then just click on it. If they haven't made a post, then you go to their profile and under their name there is Add as Friend.

yep, that works! 'snifty!

if the person has selected the "approve first" option for those asking to be added as a friend of hers or his, then the person may have to pre-approve your request.

Good question. I'd probably send them a pm .... but, I'm not sure what the correct potocol might be.

Hee, hee, this is too funny, Susanne! It's you I want to be friends with! I've added you to my list . . . did you get a message saying I want to be your friend? That would solve the mystery!

Oooo, thatched roofs! What are you working on?

Please let me know what you find . . . I'd like a thatched roof for my English Cottage . . . when I get around to it!

Good luck!

Thanks Ladies, but how do I request to be THEIR friend?

Um, well, maybe bake cookies for them? Take them out to dinner?

Deb <ducking and running>

LOLOLOLOL.........Teresa.....I think you did just fine at asking for "friends" lol........broadcast and they shall come :blink:

<raising hand> I will be your friend !!!!!!!:) ...wriggling in seat.......squirming in anticipation........

Ohhhhhhhhh......you wanna be Suzanne's friend :yikes: Back to the end of the line again.......lol

remember picking teams in gym everyone??? That is what I thought of as I was reading all posts lol

Glad you found what you were looking for Teresa...and Suzanne too :noway:

Right now I'm working on the White Orchid, but when I do the Glencroft I'd like to do a thatched roof.

I did my first roof thatch job on the porch for my Heart Arbor contest entry. I used brown excelsior that I'd picked up at Michaels Crafts. I'd ordered a dvd called Tips and Techniques with Ruth Mazur. In the dvd she does a tutorial on roof thatching a roof. It hadn't arrived yet when I thatched the roof of my porch. This wasn't difficult, however, since I didn't have to bind off the peak. It was a nice sloped surface.

In googling sites on thatching a roof, I read that there should be a slope of at least 45 degrees. This is to ensure runoff of water.

Most dollhouse miniature sites/magazines recommend coconut fibres as thatch material. I've not come across a source ... I guess there's probably some internet sites. I like the scale of the excelsior though.

When I've viewed the dvd I'll let you know if I find it helpful.

Deb's thatching method looks very realistic, and on the internet there's someone else that gives a tutorial using an old bathtowel.

I'd really like to be able to do one dollhouse roof with thatching material, and finish off the roof peaks with binding twine.

-Susanne

dollhouse miniature sites/magazines recommend coconut fibres as thatch material. I've not come across a source
Susanne, http://www.dollhouse-miniatures.com /Earth & Tree carries the bundles of coconut fiber for thatching and also Tom Berkner's tutorial for how to thatch with it.

I'm afraid I wasn't as polite as Teresa & Susanne about asking permission, when I saw someone I wanted for my friend I just clicked on their username and clicked on "add as a friend" in the dropdown menu and so far no one has kicked me off the forum...

I do the same thing, Holly . . . but I wanted to be Susanne's friend . . . I already had her on my friend's list! :ohyeah:

Michelle, I'd love to have you as a friend . . . I'll make sure to add you to my list!

Um, well, maybe bake cookies for them? Take them out to dinner?

Deb, you crack me up!!

This makes me think of something . . . when you were a little girl (or boy) how did you make friends?

I made friends with my best friend, Bernie (we've been friends for 40 years!) by waving at her from my living room window. We lived across the street from each other and she was in her window with her brother . . . we waved and waved at each other for I don't know how long. Finally, my Mom scooted me out the door, Bernie and her brother came out, and we were instant friends. I was very possessive of her when we were kids . . . still am!! :giggle: