Astro Turf

heidiiiii

I got a sample piece of Astro Turf in the mail yesterday. It is a 5"x7" piece. I figured I could use it for something.

Here is the address: Ingrass

What would you do with it in the mini arena?

When I saw the sample in the pic, I thought of an overgrown yard. I wonder if little pieces of it could be used as large weeds in a yard. plants/bushes in half scale. ad some tiny flowers to a small piece. I am sure it could have some uses. I see weeds next to or under a rundown trailer.

Melissa

I'm not sure what you can do with it but I do know I've been bugging DH to purchase enough of it to do our entire property with. I just hate doing the lawn.

I've been threatening to do our entire yard in perennials and ground covers, but we don't seem to stay home long enough in the summer for me to help the new plantings take hold.

As for the astroturf, it looks to me as if it's wanting to be sprayed brown and used as thatching ... only you'd need a lot more of it. It could be flattened down with the neat stitching that is used on some thatched roofs.

my first thought was to mow it, but could you cut it into strips and add daylilies and make flowerbeds out of it?

oh my.... a side yard... one or 2 strips cut short and the lawn mower abandoned!!! that would be totally me! :)