My Houseworks conservatory has arrived

IAK

;) So my conservatory from Ernie has arrived and I am so excited about it. :yes: It will be added to the living room to my BH. Can't wait to get to the point when it will be a part of it. So much to do and so little time :D

Congrats on the delivery. You'll love it. Mine sits next to the computer on a table waiting to have the last wall put in. I bashed mine a little bit and added a fourth wall. I'm hoping to have this room completely finished soon.

Congrats Irene ;)

I also built the conservatory and am waiting to get to a point where I can add it to my BH....I originally wanted to add it to the living room side, but didn't think I'd be able to because of the chimney, but now that it's finished, I think that will work out ok too...I might just have to ditch the basement window. What have you thought about??

I did some stain glass work on the conservatory windows, and although it came out a little "much", it will fit perfectly with the owners of the house...lol

That's a lovely conservatory, I've got one; it's such a good size, you can do things with it.

It will make you BH huge! I would love to add mine to my BH, but I'm a bit put off by the finished size. Plus, I'd have to forfeit the kitchen window.

jackie

Congratulations Irene! You're gonna love this piece . . . it goes together like peanut butter and jelly!

Jackie, don't be put off by the size! It really fits in well with the Beacon Hill. Have a look at my conservatory. If you look at my Beacon Hill Album you can see how I attached it to the kitchen side of the house. Piece of cake . . . well maybe a little more difficult than that . . . but very doable!

Good luck everyone with your conservatories!!

Jackie, don't be put off by the size! It really fits in well with the Beacon Hill. Have a look at my conservatory. If you look at my Beacon Hill Album you can see how I attached it to the kitchen side of the house. Piece of cake . . . well maybe a little more difficult than that . . . but very doable!

Teresa, it was seeing yours that gave me the idea in the first place - you made such a lovely job of it :)

It's just the extra length & losing that window ..... however, I did just happen to prise 3 windows out of my conservatory (I bought it second-hand & it just needs repainting), this morning, so who knows what will happen? I certainly don't :)

Jackie

I want to add it off of the living room side of the house. I plan to ditch the side bay window and put a houseworks french door there with a step down to the conservatory. Something like this:

post-663-1176031498_thumb.jpg

I will either fill in the gap above the door or maybe add an additional window there. Maybe I'll use the base of the bay for a step. Hope it works :)

I have already put an addition to the kitchen side so I won't be putting it there. The house is gonna be long so I'll have to find some kind of long table to put it on. I have alot of time for that. This is going to take a while to finish.

staying tuned!! can't wait to see what evolves

You and me both then!!!

I like your plans Irene, it sounds like it will look fabulous!

Hugs

I will either fill in the gap above the door or maybe add an additional window there. Maybe I'll use the base of the bay for a step. Hope it works :photo:

Don't forget to check the height & slope of the conservatory roof will fit in with your plans.

I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

Jackie