Storing fabric trims

Roni

I am posting this great idea in case there is one person on the planet who hasn't thought of it :thumb: Ask your local fabric or craft shop if they have any of the empty plastic caddies that fabric trims come on. Since they throw them away they will probably be more than happy to let you have them. My tangled trim drawer is now nice and neat and I can see what trims I have and how much I have.

post-1039-1175644888_thumb.jpg

This was one of my lightbulb moments when I thought of it :wave:

post-1039-1175645005_thumb.jpg

I've never used those but what I do is take a piece of card stock paper and fold it in half and run my laces and trims from top to bottom on one side and then pin them in place. Usually I can put 4 or 5 different trims on one card then I fold the front over and tie a ribbon around the middle.

What a great idea! I refer to myself as the queen of organization (DH thinks I have OCD), I LOVE finding new ways to organize things. Even if I personally can't use a certain organizational tip, it warms my heart to know that someone else out there is getting organized too!! Thanks for sharing.

Love that idea, will have to see if they are willing to part with some in the store next time, in the meantime this is how I store my trims and braids, the boxes are the half see-through-ish kind (actually bait boxes but...) and I have one for each colorshade now this pics is from when I started the sorting and realized I had to many to fit in the boxes I originally got... :wave: they are stackable as well.

Hugs

• 2 weeks later...