Listen to the house...

Skittiescat

People have mentioned a lot about how their houses tell them what they want, and I've always been a little envious and a little doubtful about the house speaking.

Well was I ever wrong! I spent most of last year building the Glencroft. I loved every minute of building and finishing the outside. But when it came to the inside, I hit this weird wall and lost all my inspiration. I honestly felt like I'd fallen out of love with the house that meant so much to me. I was very disappointed. So over the last few months it's just been sitting forlornly on my desk, empty and desolate. When I realized - I had initially decided to do the Glencroft as authentically :thumb: Tudor-style as possible, when in reality, this little house wanted to be a 1930's cottage the entire time and I never even bothered to listen!

Now that I'm more open to it, the decorating is just flowing along and I'm having a blast again :wave: . I'll have some pictures soon, but just wanted to thank you all for mentioning your houses speaking to you and for posting such inspiring topics.

Thanks! :)

-Krista

Congratulations, Krista!! Welcome back!! I can't wait to see what's going on at your Glencroft . . . I bet she's just brimming with excitement!!

Never underestimate the power a house holds over you!! She's finally getting her way!!

Yep, they definitely talk. Sometimes loud, sometimes soft, but they seem to have a mind of their own. I think the Glencroft is a lovely house...it'll be fun to see what you do with the insides! :wave:

Krista -

How wonderful that the Glencroft has let you know what she wants to be. They really do talk to you. I've always found that if I'm not feeling enthused, it's because I'm going against the will of the house. I just sit back and relax, and the house speaks. You know when it's right .... everything just flows from that point.

Looking forward to seeing photos .... 1930's .... great theme.

-Susanne

good for you and your house!

LOL

I always have my own ideas for a project and Ill be going merrily along when

wham bam...no inspiration!

its all gone. but than when I decide Im ready to listen everything just falls into place!

I look forward to seeing your house's vision for itself! :wave:

nutti :thumb:

Now that I'm more open to it, the decorating is just flowing along and I'm having a blast again

Good for you Krista! When you reach the point where you hear what the house is saying to you, that's a magic moment. <huge hug> I'm happy for you! And for the Glencroft too! You're going to have such a great time decorating now!

Deb

Oh I know all about the need to listen to the house deal, I have a Chantilly (what was the first house and at the time I thought would be the one and only HA!) that I had this intention of making into a Victorian house. I started building her and she started to sulk, bought the furniture and she turned away, put in the flooring, ripped it out from the attic space three times, then she sorted of booted me away...

Now she has all of a sudden started not just chit chatting but almost shrieking about what she wants and now that I am open for suggestion again we are getting along nicley.

So yes, they do talk a lot at times...

Looking forward both hearing aobut your progress as well as seeing :wave:

Hugs