The Columbian

eveningstargazer

I got lucky last week and bought the Brookfield, which is the same as the Columbian, for $10 :flowers: It's partially built, and all the remaining pieces are present. It's great when folks just have to clean out the attic or the garage, isn't it?

Have fun with your Columbian. I'll post pictures of my Brookfield.

Carol

I just won this house on ebay yesterday! I had one a long time ago, that I built and gave to my pastor's daughter. I've wanted one again ever since and finally found one! Can't wait til it gets here - yet another house to hide from hubby!! LOL! Congrats on yours!

Thanks everyone. I really like this house. I checked the box and the only things missing are the stairs and the plastic window panes. Not bad considering the box was open and stuffed away in a garage for heaven knows how long. I was just so surprised when my nephew walked in with it with this big grin on his face. Such a nice thing to do. :flowers:

Tams, yes that is the house. It is so cute. I had not heard of it before. I can't decide if I want to put stairs in or leave them out. If I don't put them in I will have more room to place furniture, etc. Decisions, decisions. What to do??? I suppose I will have to think about this.

I, too, have a lot of decisions to make on this house. I honestly didn't expect to win it, so I was truly surprised when I did! Now, to decide how I want to do up this house. I already have plans for three of the four kits I have coming, so I guess I have some time!

I'm thinking about losing the stairs too - they will take up so much room in this little house. I'm going to experiment and see if I can build a set of stairs, more in synch with the architecture of the house, that will stand alone - move them in or out, use the opening in the bedroom floor to make a fiendishly clever trapdoor that can open when the stairs are in place. I hate to destroy them completely - this is the only thing I can think of as an alternative solution. Anyone have any ideas on this subject?

I'm thinking about losing the stairs too - they will take up so much room in this little house. I'm going to experiment and see if I can build a set of stairs, more in synch with the architecture of the house, that will stand alone - move them in or out, use the opening in the bedroom floor to make a fiendishly clever trapdoor that can open when the stairs are in place. I hate to destroy them completely - this is the only thing I can think of as an alternative solution. Anyone have any ideas on this subject?

Perhaps a door on an interior wall to give the illusion of stairs would work. In the five houses I have of two or more floors, I only have stairs in one. I hate losing space to staircases and usually just pretend that the stairs are hidden somewhere. It would be possible to put the stairs on the outside, as if the upstairs were an apartment over a shop or something like that. Maybe somebody else will have a better suggestion for you.

Thanks everyone. I really like this house. I checked the box and the only things missing are the stairs and the plastic window panes. Not bad considering the box was open and stuffed away in a garage for heaven knows how long. I was just so surprised when my nephew walked in with it with this big grin on his face. Such a nice thing to do. :)

Yes it was a very nice thing and I bet a big grin showed up on your face when he gave it to you too. :jawdrop:

valerie, that nephew of yours is a winner!

it's a really nice house!

i think Margarita built one not long ago?

grammiecal, HBS has some cool disappearing stairs that i covet, Disappearing Attic Stairs

Item #54001, at:

http://www.miniatures.com/hbs/global/Index...RODUCTSKU=54001

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone!!