New Member - M'Lady

MLady

Christine, check out "remainder" bookstores like Book Sale, where I find a lot of Guild of Master Craftsmen and David & Charles dh mini books. I was so inspired by Wendy & my personal budget constraints that I found & bought a copy of Making 1/12 Scale Wicker Furniture for the Dolls' House by Sheila Smith for half the retail price.

Christine, for help paperclaying, I have a fireplace tutorial I did and maybe it can help you. Here is how to make the fireplace:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...&#entry8421

Here is the paperclay steps. You can follow the same steps to paperclay anything:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...p?showtopic=866

to paint the paperclay click here:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...p;showentry=110

More tutorials around this wonderful forum are found here:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...?showtopic=1015

Tink/Ms. Mini? I'm really looking forward to seeing your clay!! After reading your entry, my hubby was ecstatic! 'I can't wait to see yours! You need to just start!' ...ooOOh the pressure! =) Actually, if you're pleased with yours and it's your first attempt?, I'm actually looking forward to it, a little bit!! I failed so miserably on the polymer clay, I'm a little hesitant to begin another clay project!

yes i know you will just LOVE it, its so easy to use, and very easy to store. the left overs of the pack i used i just put in a tupperware container and its still good as new :thumb:

here is a pic of my stone work I did with paper clay...

post-505-1173456316_thumb.jpg

Thanks Christine and Holly, the only book I purchased was the one that Holly mentioned and after having done most of the pieces in the book, I thought I could go off on my own which I did. I've never given a tutorial on the "how-to" because I could never explain it as well as Sheila Smith has done. I highly recommend her book for anyone who wants to learn.

Have a wonderful weekend with your daughter!

Ooo, Jenny, now that you're adding the colors the ER's "stonework" is really coming together! Christine, also check out Linda's "bricks" and Tracy's shingles. You can do all sorts of wonderful things with paperclay!

Oh my word!! I'm so inspired! Okay, I must confess 'hesitant' isn't what I'm feeling any longer; I'm SO EXCITED!! And Tracy, I had your Fireplace tut up for a few days, and then my system rebooted one evening and I hadn't located it since! I think I might love wickering, that is if I get half the results as you, Wen! Thank YOU, ladies, for all the info and links! :thumb:

(My yummy daughter is still sleeping (time difference!), I think I'll start searching for a few books and reading a few tuts!)

Edited by MLady

Welcome Welcome Welcome!

You will never find a more enthusiastic, caring, and helpful bunch then you will right here. We run the gamut of questions, answers, and ideas on just about anything!

It is gonna take you quite awhile to get threw it all but you will get hooked for sure!

Ooo, Jenny, now that you're adding the colors the ER's "stonework" is really coming together!

Thanks Holly! now if i could just decide on the color im paiting the siding i'll be good to go! :mad:

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry I'm late in welcoming but my real world seems to keep crashing around me lately. Please thank your son for his service. I know what you mean by keeping busy while they are serving, my oldest DD is a MSGt in the Air Guard (full time active) and has already been in or around Iraq 3 times and looks like she'll have to go again in October this year. This time we're hoping it will only be for 3 months--she has been gone for up to 6 month at a time and she has 2 small children--so my heart really does go out to you.

Seems like you're doing well finding your way around. But just yell if you have any questions.