No Avatar?

Sugarpie is a darling...best cat I ever had. She loves it when you sing to her. She follows me around like a puppy would.

And you, gave me the fastest help I ever had from any website! Impressive. I see you are Number 4 so you must know a lot since I'm doing my first dollhouse (when it arrives) the Beacon Hill. It's coming from New York and the store told me my shipment is delayed due to bad weather. Meantime, I've been collecting things I will need, reading a lot of this forum, and watching America's Castles videos for inspiration.

I will have to review your gallery, too. Looks like you are very experienced. I'm really getting into this.

Thanks again.

Virginia

Virginia, Tracy is our leader, administrator and moderator here on the forum. Without her there would be none of this. Between her and Dean (the owner of Greenleaf), they've made this forum the absolute best. She has also made the cover this month of a magazine called Dollhouse Miniature Scene with her beautiful Lily. We are all very proud of her.

I hope it was ok to sing your praises Tracy, and I know everyone joins me in saying "thanks for all you do for us".

:lol: I don't think there are enough words to sing the praises of Tracy, Dean and the entire Greenleaf Family. However, we shall keep on trying. Again, thank you all for this forum, the great houses and most of all, the friendships that you have enabled us mini-makers to "build". Oh, I just thought of a great slogan for Greenleaf.....At Greenleaf, we build more than just houses, we build friendships!!!!

Judi, that is SO true! I would never had had the opportunity to "grow" my mini-ing skills were it not for being asked to join the Building Teams and get so much practice!

BTW, I had already decided I needed to adopt Tracy as my daughter, and then I got to meet her, and unofficially as far as I'm concerned it's a done deal!

I'm going to add in my thanks as well. Everyone here is so wonderful and helpful no matter what the problem! Thank you, Dean, Tracy and everyone at Greenleaf for having this forum and allowing each of us to grow in our miniatures and dollhouses as well as personally.

Judy, I love your slogan!!

hi, beth2,

well, i'm enjoying the photo, but if you wanna change it ...

FWIW, when i've made avatar changes, it seems to take a bit of time for a change to display. sometimes it helps to press F5, or to log off and back on again, but sometimes not.

the delay may related to my using a dial-up system, but for whatever reason, the change has not ever displayed right away. it does happen, within a few hours.

Here you go:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...?showtopic=1761

I knew it was posted somewhere :) Let me know if you need more help after reading that. :)

Tracy,

The info above is very helpful but I'm having a devil of a time trying to find a picture ANYWHERE that is small enough to be posted. How do you get a picture that tiny? It seems like most everyone has posted some very beautiful pictures, I'm jealous I want one too, how do I find such a thing?????

Thanks in advance for the help as I need all the help I can get. :giggle:

Sandy

At the link listed above, Dean says:

"Prepare your image to meet the following requirements:

Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 50 KB

The following file types are allowed: gif, jpg, jpeg and png

The maximum avatar dimensions are 100 x 100 pixels, but I have confirmed

that the forum will re-size the image if the preceding two requirements are met"

So, if you can at least get it near 50 KB, you should be alright.

CJ, I tried it again. I have one picture here and a different one under my controls. I logged off and back on again. I'll wait and see if it changes by tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

beth

Tracy,

The info above is very helpful but I'm having a devil of a time trying to find a picture ANYWHERE that is small enough to be posted. How do you get a picture that tiny? It seems like most everyone has posted some very beautiful pictures, I'm jealous I want one too, how do I find such a thing?????

Thanks in advance for the help as I need all the help I can get. :)

Sandy

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...p;showarticle=2

sandy, go to that link and where it lets you click "image resizer", do so and this will download the program you need. Once it's all downloaded, you can take any picture you want, right-click on the pic, and one of the options will be to "resize picture". You want to do that and you want to choose "small" It will save as <picture name> small. From there, you can just follow Tracy's directions to upload your newly resized avatar. Hope this helps!