Down East article

Hallowell

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as I bask in the sun at my villa in the south of France.
Hey, lookie, Deb, Teresa, Tracy, Glen, everybody! Greg just invited us all to come build dollhouses with him at his villa in the south of France!!! Oh, goody!

Okay since I didnt get dibs on being the president of your fan club..I wanna be you and your partner`s personal assistant!!

All I need is a Gucci bag full of Evian water and i am set!! I can push away the throngs of mini maniacs and make sure your quotes in the Post are correct!

It says you own the Victorian house of your dreams...I am so jealous!!! When we went house shopping in 1998 I wanted a Victorian sooooo bad. But Dh wanted to be practical. So we bought a 1902 Colonial. I still want a Victorian. Pocket doors, a turret, wood everywhere, fireplaces, sitting room, lil nooks and crannies... Some day maybe if I am lucky and win the Powerball!

:banana: Hi Heidi :yikes:

OK, You can be my personal mini assistant, and I'll furnish the Gucci bag and evian water.

Well, the statement Down East made about the victorian house of my dreams was also an error :) , I actually live in a circa 1800 federal that predates the victorian era, we do have 4 fireplaces and we think at one time there may have been six. The granite basement has large logs which have supported the house for 200 years and they still have the bark on them.

I wish it was a huge victorian with all the gingerbread but I'm very happy with what I have, it has seen so much history.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...m&album=782

Hey, lookie, Deb, Teresa, Tracy, Glen, everybody! Greg just invited us all to come build dollhouses with him at his villa in the south of France!!! Oh, goody!

Oh man, I AM SO THERE!! I'm packing my bags as I speak!! :)

You know, Greg, you can connect to the forum from France! :banana:

Oh My Gaaaaah!

I just love your house.

I just loooovveee the toile sette. See I cant have pretty things like that in my life right now. I have kids and animals.

Those plates on the plate stand would hit the floor cause of my cats, that nice picture resting on the floor would become the part of the dog`s target practice, and the orientals would be covered in potato chip crumbs.

I would murder!

But I can have all that be apart of my other life some day..the happy empty nester! Limoges will stay in their place, I can have Shaker baskets on the floor...Someday!

:) Thanx Heidi

The Toile has taken a little beating from our kitty Sapphi but mostly she's pretty good about not touching things.

I'll give you a hint that I learned from working in our little mini world that will help to protect your fragiles from kids and pets. I use dollhouse wax to stick my full size breakables down to tables, but be careful if you use it on painted surfaces as is may take the paint off. :banana:

Greg, congratulations again on the article! I was a little disappointed that it wasn't all about your miniature houses tho. You do beautiful work and the article didn't reflect how much talent, effort and artistry goes into your houses.

Congrats on being in the spotlight!

Greg all I can say is way to cool on the article. :) I just love your mini houses and WOWZER on the full scale one too. You really have the knack weither in mini scale or full scale. You home is to die for. :banana:

What a fun idea! Thanks Greg ...... We don't expect you to do everything .... potluck anybody?

-Susanne

Cher Monsieur Greg,

Felicitations, le Down le East journal is so tres chic! :no:

Please, non, non, non, do not derange yourself, do not wurrie!! i will have the Villa and sweeming poole and le heliport awl in reddiness for you and les gasts. We already are shineeng all le crystal and silverwares.

Mais, how mannie gasts we are to have, and when, when, s'il vous plais ????

Et, shall we to send les confirmations to all the gasts now, or did you?

Best little words to you and La Saffi,

la petite c.j.

Chatelaine, Villa GregRuss

La Capitaine, Club de Greg, Cote d'Azur

now living all le time chez GregRuss, in La Belle France

Oh my, I grew up with French speaking parents, I live in very French speaking part of Maine, I went to a French parochial school, I worked with French speaking people, I had 8 years of frenchin parochial school, I spoke only french until I went to kindergarden, y family is from Quebec.

But oh my gosh how I have forgotten so much. ;)

I'm so embarressed. :wub:

But it looks like my fan club is 1600 strong, I think it's time to hire security. :wub:

Chere Madame Holly D'Havana,

D'accord!!!!!!

Quelle thrill!! to have le post de vous! Moi, i am to be writing here a la Pepe Le Pew, et VOILA! Votre post! :wub: Merci milles fois, merveilleux vous entendre viendra ! :yes:

Moi, je suis ainsi passionnan'au sujet du mon nouveaux travail et maison. .... Mais ... :wub: pensez-vous 02.23.07 est-vous trop tôt pour le rassemblement ?

Considéreriez-vous se réunir en mai? Peut-être nous pourrions avoir notre rassemblement en mai : Le "Cannes Film Festival" c'est 16 - 27 Mai, et c'est possible que La Deneuve will to be there.

Catherine, she has telled me all about her manni visits to GregRuss, et, la Bardot will to be away, also tres bien. :p

OK!!!!!!!!!

What a thrill! to have your post! Me, i am writing here like Pepe Le Pew, and VOILA! Your post! ;) Thanks a million, wonderful to hear from you! :yes:

Me, i am so very excited about my new job and home. ... But ... :unsure: do you think next Friday is too early for the gathering?

Would you consider meeting in May? Might we have our gathering in May: The Cannes Film Festival is 16-27 May, and it is possible that La Deneuve will be there. Catherine has told me all about her many visits to the Villa, and Bardot will be away, which is also very good. :p

Cher M. Gregoire,

Please, what is "potluck?"

Encore, i am telling you, do not wurrie!

We will have awl in reddiness for les gasts! Les autos will be rented, your Lotus will to be waxed, and we have les preparations for Les Freres Thugs (the Thug Brothers), who gave service very good last time.

You will to please let us know the dates soon now? :wub:

Good things et little good words to you and La Saffi,

la petite c.j.

Chatelaine, Villa GregRuss

La Capitaine, Club de Greg, Cote d'Azur

now living all le time chez GregRuss, in La Belle France

N.B.: You have the very good English, do not wurrie.

Quel! Pas des les Anges Enfer? Si ils sont bon satis pour Les Rolling Stones, pour quois pas pour Mr Russ et ses amies et amis? Quel dommage. Et c'est tout de je pense que dire in francais, I'm dredging this up from nearly 50 years ago, people!