What is the "friends" feature?

Cuppa-Tea

A person with whom you may wish to PM or email or chat with as well as post; a friend.

But we can do that with anyone, friend or not. I'm with Christine ... not sure what the function of this feature is.

Have you ever wanted to PM a person and had a problem spelling there username? Like Holly, I like the feature because I don't have to do a massive search to spell the username correctly because it's already there. Also, in the blog section, you can have blogs that are only viewable to your friends listed (Or maybe that is a new gallery feature). I have not explored it enough yet but I am almost sure that are more other features of it. I know there are probably more but I'll let Dean mention them because he will know more accurately than me :(

You can look at your friends list and see who is online instead of looking up their profiles individually.
Yes.
had a problem spelling there username?
In my case, it's REMEMBERING the username that gets to me.

Have you ever wanted to PM a person and had a problem spelling there username?
Usually not... I'm normally replying to something they posted and just click on the "pm" button under their name. But I can see how it would be useful.

Also, in the blog section, you can have blogs that are only viewable to your friends listed

I didn't know that. Thanks!

I think the real improvement is the profile page… the friends list just helps you get there faster. As our forum continues to grow, some of you might only have time to keep up with a few select members. If you add these members to your friends list, you can quickly navigate to their profile page to see their latest topics, posts, gallery and blog entries. They are also added to what use to be your PM Buddy list so that you can quickly fire off a personal message to them.

I also believe that it adds to the community aspect of forum and could lend itself to networking with other miniaturist. For instance, if KathieB is friends with IAK and I'm friends with KathieB, it would stand to reason that I might find IAK interesting too. So on learning this while reviewing Kathie's profile page, I might jump over the IAK's profile and review what she's been up to. After looking trough Irene's activity, I find that she has a beautiful Garfield Dollhouse manufactured by Greenleaf Dollhouses (yes, a shameless plug) which might just be the house I'm working on. While at her profile page, I might want to give Irene some encouragement, so I leave a comment in her profile. After Irene sees my comment, she might have a look at my profile as well and discover that we are both working on the same house. Anyway, you get where I'm going with this… it's just another way to explore the forum.

I hope this made sense. I spent the whole day in a loss prevention audit from my insurance company covering important things like how often do we trim the weeds away from the building (even though it's below zero and there is a foot of snow on the ground). My brain is numb.

Thanks!

Dean

I hope this made sense. I spent the whole day in a loss prevention audit from my insurance company covering important things like how often do we trim the weeds away from the building (even though it's below zero and there is a foot of snow on the ground). My brain is numb.

Thanks, Dean, it makes perfect sense. I'm in awe that you can be this coherent after a session with the insurance auditor. (I hope you sent him outside to measure the weeds ... hehehehehe)