Problems posting

ilovecats

This has happened a couple of times now, but when i try to post a response to a thread, it gives me a "internet explorer cannot display this page"...something like that...you would think that since I kept getting that page i would remember what was written on it. Anyway, I just kept trying to post my reply to the threads and finally it took.

This is probably an internet explorer problem, but just wanted to post that i'm having some problems....

I've never had that problem. What speed is your connection? What kind of connection do you have.

I don't know what speed it is...i'm semi computer literate :) We have a DSL modem.

It only happens occassionally, but it happened twice this morning, so I posted just in case anyone else was having a problem. :o

When something strange like that occurs, my first instinct is to reboot. Often shutting down and restarting will clear whatever was messing with the operation. If the problem recurs a few times, then I start digging deeper.

When something strange like that occurs, my first instinct is to reboot. Often shutting down and restarting will clear whatever was messing with the operation. If the problem recurs a few times, then I start digging deeper.

Good idea....it's working better now, so i won't bother, but i'll keep it in mind for future problems. :) thanks :o

Marg -

When Ray and I were using I.E. 7 we were experiencing problems like that. We went back to I.E. 6 and haven't had anymore problems. At the time our HP computer support people told us that while I.E.7 is available that it wasn't registered and was causing these sorts of problems. I don't know if this has changed or not.

-Susanne

I think IE7 and the forum aren't getting along that well. I would load Firefox until the bugs are hammered out.

I apologize to everyone for the inconvenience. This is a common problem when there is a major browser upgrade.

Thanks!

Dean

ya i think dean is right. when i had originally downloaded interent explorer 7 i had that problem. there were a few other things that was happening to my computer i didnt like either, so needles to say i went back to my older interent explorer. lol

actually I have the IE7 and I havent had any problems posting or otherwise.

the only thing about the IE7 I didnt like was the set up and now Ive gotten used to it.

yup Im still using it. tooo lazy to delete it.

but no problems like that.

nutti :)