I've got a thing for kingfishers at the moment

Anya

This little fella is 1.5cm tall from the tip of his tail to the top of his head. His feathers are made from peacock feathers and he has fine down on his chest. Does anyone know if these birds are solitary because I wouldn't mind making him a little friend. I have never seen them in pairs though.

post-227-1169469182_thumb.jpg

We have belted kingfishers in Lehigh Valley, PA. where I live. I have never seen them in pairs, only solitary beside streams and lakes. They are beautiful. Your kingfisher is really cute!!!!!

Oh yes I know those but we don't get them over here in the UK. They are lovely.

That's a beautiful kingfisher.

I'd imagine that the kingfisher's mate is usually on or near the nest.

-Susanne

Do you have any idea if the male and females have the same markings and colours?

Anya, this new creation looks Wonderful!!! I am always so impressed with the talent you have! Thanks for sharing this new creation of yours!! I LOVE the colors! It's really a pretty little bird :flowers:

Thank you Tracy.Oh I noticed that you have joined CDHM too it's a good site and I love your paperclay houses.

Thank you Tracy.Oh I noticed that you have joined CDHM too it's a good site and I love your paperclay houses.

Yeah, I have been with them for a cuople of years (on ebay) and they have had there own .org site for about 1 year now. I am a Moderator there :flowers: Lots of talent over there.

Yeah, I have been with them for a cuople of years (on ebay) and they have had there own .org site for about 1 year now. I am a Moderator there :yes: Lots of talent over there.

Yes there is. I had no idea you were the moderator, I thought you just joined recently. Well that's my brain for you. :flowers:

surely that makes it easier for them to find one another ?

i've never seen more than one at a time, too, either.

and Oh.My.Gosh. that is excellent work, what a fabulous bird! thanks for sharing!

Yes I was pleased with the way the feathers turned out. I had to cut them to size though (4-5 mm long) to keep everything to scale as much as possible. My daughter has taken a liking to him now so I have to keep him out of the way. :flowers:

Anya,

I am thinking the crows moved on for some reason. This is day three and nothing. Not a black feather in sight. Just weird.

They must have access to an internet cafe or something.:flowers: They are onto us.

Maybe I should go outside everyday with the camera and then I will never have to hear them.

They are a real pain in the backside sometimes. You are in bed, nice and cozy..snoozing away and then you hear it.. Sqwack! Sqwack!

Oh, sounds familiar to me, Heidi! Their noises are just horrible! :D The funny thing, they seem to be disappeared from our place too. No ravens here anymore, strange. I was thinking of taking a pic too. I bet they visit the Greenleaf Forum too and spy us...