The Adams

KathieB

• 1 month later...

Life has been intervening, and while we've bought more accessories for the general store, work on the building has been on hiatus.

Just wanted to share another eBay story with y'all ... a month ago, Carrie alerted me to an auction for the Realife General Store Accessories, the elusive kit we've been stalking. Won it. Paid more than I thought we should have, but managed to rationalize the cost. Got the package after a long delay, only to find the seller had shipped the Realife General Store Fixtures kit ... the counters & shelves we already had!

I contacted the seller asap. He was really nasty about it. Said I got what I paid for and the best he could do would be a token refund and I'd keep it. I went to PayPal immediately and set their process rolling. Had another email from the seller saying he'd checked and I got exactly what I'd bid on and I should withdraw my action. I didn't, and PayPal agreed with me. The full amount I paid has been credited to my PayPal account, although I'm out the postage I had to pay to send it back to him.

I am wondering about leaving feedback on this deal. If I leave anything, it will be neutral, saying that he made good, but not until PayPal intervened. But his emails were both ignorant and nasty, and I'm afraid he'll leave me a negative. And even it I counter his negative, there it will sit. Am still mulling what to do.

So ... relatively happy ending to the deal, but still no kit. We've decided to give up on looking for it. We've got so much stuff now that we really don't need it.

My opinion is to just void any ties and do not leave any feedback at all...

I would put it in your favorites and then anytime that it is put on ebay they will send you an email..

That is what I do for many things that I am interested in..

I can't wait to see all your goodies and I am sorry that he was nasty to you, I wonder why people

have to act that way...

I have learned the hard way that if I leave someone neutral feedback just because I hate leaving negative feedback, they will always leave negative feedback for me. Therefore, if it was a bad transaction and the seller was nasty, I leave negative feedback.

• 3 weeks later...
if it was a bad transaction and the seller was nasty, I leave negative feedback.
Kathie, if you do decide to leave negative feedback and haven't deleted his nasty emails you might mention them and post an expecially hateful quote...

I have decided not to leave any feedback. I really think he's ignorant enough to have used the wrong picture in his listing and then tried to weasel out of making good. PayPal reimbursed my account for the item and shipping, so I'm out the postage to send it back to him. Not enough to worry about him leaving negative feedback for me.

Well, Norma Jeane and I (aka the #1 Ladies Contruction and Interior Design Co.) put our heads together over the general store today and decided that
  1. the store is located in NW Texas about 1900
  2. It was built earlier than that
  3. It may or may not have electricity
  4. the porch railing has to go
  5. a hitching post will be added
  6. the porch roof may become corrugated tin
  7. the outer walls will probably be board and batten
  8. the building roof may be square-cut shake shingles
  9. a little pot-belly stove (Chrysnbom kit) will be in the center of the store
I've been searching out photos of that period. We may have to add a rectangular facade to the front. This is going to be fun!

Wow! That sounds so perfect! So much thought and detail - I can't wait to see how the ideas materialize!

:yes: