dutch baby house

ilovecats

Thanks guys!

I discovered SDK's stuff yesterday! I have a bunch of flower kits from her, i didn't realize she sold 144th scale kits and furniture! Yippeee!.....gotta wait for payday....now for wallpaper and flooring!

What is a dutch baby house? Looks like a fancy armoire to me.

Hi Gayle, it's like a fancy armoir on the outside and a mini house on the inside. I've only seen 144th scale furniture in them, until yesterday when Missymew mentioned she has a slightly different scale in hers... They are very lovely. It's cool, they have staircases in them! sooo very tiny!

Someone else on this forum is making his own. what a good idea!

Here's a photo of Ladybug's (Sue Ann Thwaite) latest DBH. She's not going to do workshops anymore on the one that I made. She said that if anybody wanted to contact her about furniture kits she's going to be phasing them out.

-Susanne

Most of the ones that we've shown photos of here are Bespaq cabinets. They're works of art on their own, but creating a mini house within them adds so much. To see these decorated minis up close is a real experience. When I saw my first one at our Miniature Club, I knew that I had to create one.

-Susanne

What is a dutch baby house? Looks like a fancy armoire to me.

The earliest dollhouses were actually created for the bored wives of wealthy Dutch burghers/ businessmen who made over the old unused clothespresses/ armoires. Mrs Thorne had precedents for her magnificent roomboxes!

Not sure of the overall dimensions, but the cabinet in the original post is pretty close to 8" tall, in 1" scale that translates to 8'. It might work in a really huge house, like the Grosvenor (I think it has 10" ceilings) but otherwise it seems more like a stand alone piece.

Here you can find a real Dutch baby house :roflmao: :

http://www.lutjepotje.nl/

Oh my! :lol:

OMG, that is GORGEOUS. congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

what are the dimensions, please?

7 7/8" tall X 5 1/4" wide. :lol:

the Grosvenor (I think it has 10" ceilings) but otherwise it seems more like a stand alone piece.

if i remember correctly the grosvenor ceilings are 11 inches tall. It would fit in that house, but i'm not sure where...i think i have my rooms all planned out...we'll see.

Congrats on your baby house, Marg. I have the same one and absolutely love it - it is so pretty. I am signed up to take Lady Bug's class at a local mini shop in July. I wish she was still using this baby house instead of the new Federal style. At least I will have the opportunity to learn her secrets and tips for working with such tiny minis especially the process of electrifying the little house. Hopefully then I can transfer what I learn in class to my current baby house.

Valerie

Congrats on your baby house, Marg. I have the same one and absolutely love it - it is so pretty. I am signed up to take Lady Bug's class at a local mini shop in July. I wish she was still using this baby house instead of the new Federal style. At least I will have the opportunity to learn her secrets and tips for working with such tiny minis especially the process of electrifying the little house. Hopefully then I can transfer what I learn in class to my current baby house.

Valerie

Thanks Valerie!

Electrifying this tiny house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my! i didn't know it was something people did! wow! what a scale to electrify! Have fun in your class!

Holy Hypersmall, Batman, those are so tiny! this is fascinating.

the original DBHs were a whole lot bigger. i've seen photos and texts.

when did these become so very micro?

and how in the world does one work in such itty spaces???