Oooo I am SO SO bad ;)

Ms. Mini

Oooo I am SO bad... :thumb: shame on me.... :evil: Tonight I started my Emerson Row :D After having a little "chat" with the E.R. we both decided that I should wait until the next big 50% off coupon for HBS to come around for me to get the 'Willow'. The E.R. had some plans for me, and I'm very excited with what we will be doing :lol:

First off before I opened the box I gently and lovingly put the Willowcrest on the dresser by my desk. :p She isnt finished yet, but she is sure looking rather lovely :flowers:

Willowcrest774.jpg

Then I cleaned off my work bench, gave it a good scrubbing. After that I put my WO back on the counter. She was much happier there than the dresser :doh:

EmersonRow013.jpg

Then it was time to get to work!! I didnt get much done. but i read through the directions once and started labeling pieces. I must say these directions are awesome. instead of just words and words and words there are step by step pictures of what you are doing!! This will be a much easier house then the Willowcrest I can already tell! and the wood seems to be in very good condition. When I got it, the box was still sealed :) so everything is in perfect order. Well I just wanted to share my news with you all. I'm gonna go update my gallery and start my Emerson Row blog now :)

have a good night!

Good for you - you resisted temptation (for now) and gave your attention to your ER baby. :thumb: You are a good house-mother!

Oh, and Willowcrest is definitely growing into a lovely young lady. :lol:

I see nothing wrong with sharring your attention....the ER has been waiting patiently while the Willowcrest basked in your attention....now it her turn.

after what you have done with your Willow crest I eagerly await photos!

nutti :thumb:

You have every right to share your interests and time. Dollhouses are like children, each need love and attention, but it has to be divided up if you have more than one. So, indulge yourself and have a wonderful build. Your Willowcrest is beautiful and I eagerly await pics of the ER.

Ooooooo, I'm envious! The Emerson Row is on my "definitely gotta have" list.

I am now fully understanding the joy of having multiple houses, many "in progress" at the same time. While I'm waiting for glue (or paint or whatever) to dry in one, I can be fiddling with another. And while working on a second, I'm thinking about what'll happen with the third. A bit expensive, but hey! I'm WORTH it!! :lol:

Oh wow! I told you this house calls for some attention!

I think the instructions make it easier also. I will be doing a little work on her today. I have a dr appt in the am and then if energy is still there, I am going to continue sanding the pieces.

Have you decided on the colors for the outside yet?

The main body of mine is going to be charcoal (not black and not grey) but I am still thinking about the other parts right now.

Ohhhh, this will also be a fun build to follow, and I will be there with the nose as close to th e screen trying to reach in there and pet the wood along with you :) I really really want an Emerson Row house someday!!!!!

And Heidi, charcoal sounds interesting, pics pretty please!!!!

Hugs (sitting paitently at the screen awaiting eye candy... :lol: )

There's nothing wrong with having multiple projects going on (as long as you have space :lol: ). That way when you are waiting for one to dry or you get blocked you can move to one of the others.

:rofl: I just wish I could convince DH of that so I can start my laurel. :w00t:

Have fun building, can't wait to see pics of this great house. :)

Thanks everyone! Well I ended up passing out at 830 last night!! haha so after i posted this i didnt get any more work done. but im hoping to start staining the floors and ceilings tonight.

Originally this house was going to be a hotel. but now, i see it as a 'house'. Ive decided i will side panel this entire house and make it up to be very modern. we havent decided on colors yet. I was thinking of a dark green with white trims. The E.R. it self kind of wants to be white.. dont know why. im found of lots of color myself. we'll see i think i will win this debate. more pictures to come tonight! and yes i will be doing a blog on this project :lol:

didnt get to work on it at all last night :lol: poor thing.. it was calling me and i wasnt home to answer. I must work on her lots this weekend! my goal by sunday is to stain all the floors and get the shell built :o so keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

Okay, I am going to make a conscience effort to get alot done on the E.R. this weekend!

I want to at least finish painting all of the outside before I put her together.