Tatooes

Missymew

I've always wanted a tattoo, but I just can't decide what I want, or where I want it, and I know that this is not a decision to be made lightly. My piercings are easy enough to get rid of, but a tattoo, not so much. My sister actually got a tattoo for her birthday last year, and I never expected her to do so LOL. She got small paw prints going around her lower calf, and it came out really cute. I don't think you're ever too old to make changes to your body *shrug*

post-1106-1168022839_thumb.jpg post-1106-1168022808_thumb.jpg

Yo, Peggi, remember when we looked like this!? :D:rofl::roflmao:

Susanne, when I was 55, everything had already begun to sag!

Hey Holly, actually I do remember--every once in a while I bring out pictures from those days and let my gks guess who the heck it is :roflmao::rofl: They usually think it is their Mama. What don't sag is held up by extra fat layers. :groan:

I don't have a tatto and after Holly's description of her patient/friend it is a darn good thing, the sucker would be all out of wack by now.

None here. I'm not a needle fan to begin with, but the main reason is because I wouldn't be able to make up my mind which one I wanted. I can barely decide on what to have for dinner, let alone a permanent mark on my skin. It's fun to check out other people's though.

Stacey

I love them, I must admit. Teresa, your flower garden is really nice, I love the colors. I also like the celtic knots.

I really wanted one on my neck. I've always had long hair so it would be easy enough to cover. Oh, I wouldn't mind one on my lower back either.

You girls look great.

A friend of mine got a cute little lady bug on the top of her foot. It looks almost like the real thing especially do to the size of it. She said it hurt a lot because of it not being a real fleshy area.

Holly's description

Lucia's is on her shoulder & she don't sag near as bad as I do! My classmate's patient, on the other hand, had tattoos that the years had not treated kindly, which cured me of any lingering desire to get one in my "twilight" years.

A lot of good encouragement to get a tat, but, no, still can't convince me. I have seen some really nice ones though. The most fascinating one I EVER saw was a guy who had a beautiful dragon (I saw it online not live) no one wanted to look at it though because of where it was. Had to hurt and I would not have wanted to be the tattooer....

Wow, so many great tats!

I have four, but no pics. A butterfly on my back, a dagger on my calf (don't ask), and a flower and butterfly on the inside arches of my feet. Those looked great and drew a lot of attention when I used to dance! I love all my tats, and couldn't imagine not having them, but I might be too young for regret. :D

Tiffany, that's a beautiful tatoo!

One of the reasons my tatoos are where they are is because those areas are less likely to sag! Even if my back sags, at least I can cover it up! :music_band:

And, yes, it does hurt! What hurts the most is the outlining . . . the coloring in part hurts, but not quite as bad. The one on my back took three and a half hours to complete . . . I was okay for the first two and then I started to get antsy for it to be done!

thank you !

MiniMadWomen! for me the outlining was easy ! I hated the fill in, the only way i can describe it was someone rubbing on a rug burn LOL

I have my belly button pierced and would much rather get another Tattoo then ever do that again!

but wow it took 3.5 hours? yeah I couldn't sit there that long with those needles lol!

Wow, Tiffany, I'm surprised to hear you say that about the bellybutton! I got mine done two years ago, and I am a huge wimp, so I was petrified LOL. I was very surprised when it really turned out to be nothing, I could compare it to getting the cartilage on my ears done *shrug* I think the only thing was that my piercer had to remind me to breathe! Your tattoo is absolutely gorgeous btw :music_band:

I have a rose on my back that has a tiger face in the center of it. Also have a rose on my ankle. The one on my back was pretty the first month I had it, but the orange color faded very quickly.