Ever Been Hesitant & Excited to Start a house

Peggi

Yayyyyyy! Doing the happy dance with you there and looking forward seeing the new inhabitants :doh:

Well I better be off to bed now so that I can get back to mini-ing in the morning

Hugs

I'm building my first dollhouse ever, the Beacon Hill, and I'm totally intimidated and not sure it's going to live up to my expectations. I have only a vague idea of how I want it decorated. I'm afraid to glue anything together because I'm not sure if I want to stain, paint, or wallpaper, and I know that if I do all that prior to assembly, then I'll end up changing my mind about where I want my lights, or I'll discover that the furniture (which I have yet to purchase) will clash with my chosen floorings.

But in the end, I'm just going to plow ahead, because even if it doesn't turn out the way I expected, it may turn out to be something better!

Caite, not to worry about furnishings. Just go ahead and build the house. Put in the wonderful kind of flooring you'd love to have in a real house. Put in the lovely colors and wallpaper patterns you'd love to have in your real house. Put in tapewire in every room (about an inch above the floor) and keep photos of where it is, so you can add plugs for table and floor lamps later. If you're not sure you want stain or paint, go ahead and stain. You can always paint over stain, but you can't stain over paint.

You'll have a wonderful house that you'll love. And then you'll find just the right furniture for it.

You go, girl! :doh: