My dollhouse adventure for the day

CJEP

Ok, so now that I'm married and living in a new area and finally somewhat settled, I looked on-line for a local dollhouse store. I was pleasantly surprised to find one 8.5 miles away (about 13 minutes according to mapquest). So on my way home from running errands I decided to check it out since I was already on the highway. I got there around 3:45 to discover they close at 3 everyday. I looked in the windows as much as possible and it looks great. Now I can't wait to get there tomorrow.

What a disappointment it was to find they were closed. Luckily I had a surprise waiting for me when I got home. The kitchen set I won on ebay arrived much quicker than I thought it would and looks even better in person than it did on the computer.

Now back to painting the trim and windows so I can finish up the outside of my San Franciscan.

Hope everyone else had a good mini day!!

Sometimes dh stores have funky hours. That is why I have only made one trip so far. Whenever I have a chance to break away, the store is closed. It is understandable though. The prices would be through the roof if they had to maintain too much overhead. On the other hand, the limited hours leave me supporting online shops, as opposed to my local shops.

Sorry you were disappointed though. Hopefully you'll have plenty of time to browse tomorrow. It really is a neat experience being inside an actual dh shop.

Stacey

I haven't been in a dollhouse store in many years, so I'm very excited for my trip tomorrow. Plus I have my Christmas money to shop with. :)

I will definitely let you know about the experience tomorrow.

Oh but be proud that you have an actual stone and brick store to visit. Even if it does close early. Better than not having one at all.

[/quote

Be thankful the closest one to me is 2 hours away...so when I go I have to get everything I need.....but I always forget something.... :) .....

Ah, it's good that you live close enough that it's not TOO challenging to go tomorrow! There really isn't a dollhouse store anywhere near me. And the HobbyLobby is 45 miles away..with a pitiful bit of dollhouse stuff available. arrgghh.

But being so close..I'd find all sorts of excuses to go shopping! :)

Since I am used to a lot of driving (I drive a delivery route for our shop) I don't mind that hobby lobby is 40 minutes away, a real mini store is 20 minutes away and a hobby store where I get my horses and train stuff also has dollhouse stuff and is 25 minutes away. There are also several Michaels and Joanns nearby (8 minutes) There are some other hobby shops I haven't been to in a while that I need to check out again.

Have fun at the store tomorrow. They are always full of neat stuff and ideas. Mine also has workshops.

I have only been in two mini stores in my life. One was in the town I grew up. The store was called Cheri's Miniatures and that's where the mini bug bit me hard! I was 12 or 13 when I went there. They closed about a year later. The second one was called Molehill Miniatures in Lebanon, Ohio. That's where hubby bought me my first dollhouse. I have no idea if that store is still there or not. I hope so, because I thought it was a wonderful store. I live 1 1/2 hours from the nearest Hobby Lobby, which seems to be clearing out all dollhouse items. There is no mini store at all anywhere in my state - how sad is that? I don't even know of any miniaturists within my state. In a check of the NAME website, there isn't even a club in my state. I truly envy those of you who have mini stores and/or clubs near you.