Newbie and OMG, Are You Kidding Me? SO FRUSTRATED...!

Grrrrrrr...are these instructions for the Travel Trailer a bad joke on me??? This is the second GreenLeaf project I am attempting (the first house ended up in the garbage after about a week) and I really thought because it is so much smaller than the first dollhouse that I could swing it. Now I am remember all the reasons why I hated the first one. These instructions have got to be the LAMEST INSTRUCTIONS EVER!!! Seriously, I'd rather build with Ikea picture instructions than this!! Is there videos on this thing that can explain the awful instructions??? Do they write these just to have a private laugh at our expense???

Over the years I have come to recognize three kinds of miniaturists -- those who love to build, those who love to decorate, and those who enjoy doing both. Maybe you are one of the decorators. Have you checked local marketplaces online for houses that are already built?

Edited by KathieB

Okay, I must apologize. I was just sooo frustrated with these directions but I calmed down and am going to give myself a couple of days rest from this project and then try with a new outlook hopefully. I really do love the way they look and I must'nt get so worked up. Sorry guys!!!!

8 hours ago, KathieB said:

Over the years I have come to recognize two kinds of miniaturists -- those who build and those who decorate. Maybe you are one of the decorators. Have you checked local marketplaces online for houses that are already built?

Thank you for your reply!! I actually am more of a builder and I know I will conquer this. I believe I'm having a bad time because I am very new to building from instructions. I mostly build from scratch but I can learn and am determined!!!!! But thanks for your words!!!! And again, sorry for not zipping the lip earlier. I am just glad I am not banned for bad behavior!!!!!!! Whew!!!

I can understand your frustration. I have put together plenty of kits from big name makers and the instructions were terrible. I suggest taking your time with the instructions and building, ask questions and check out how other people have done the trailer. Gina at this Blog has built all (?) or most (?) of the GL houses so might be of use. Not sure if she's done the travel trailer though.

I always dry fit as I go.  Sometimes I can follow the instructions as I build, sonmetimes I have to work out of order, and sometimes I have to do the best I can and hope.

I have a horrible time with the directions.  I treat my dollhouses as puzzles.  I find which pieces I need from the directions and then treat them as a puzzle until I get them correct.  I do lots of dry fitting and never glue anything until I'm sure I have it correct.

I read all the instructions before i even start. Then as i work through them, depending on what I'm doing for decoration I skip around a bit. But I agree with Holly. Dry fit all the way first helps a lot, just have a way to organize parts after you have freed them from the sheet. Nothing worse than "extra" leftover pieces.

20 minutes ago, Medieval said:

...Nothing worse than "extra" leftover pieces.

Oh, I don't know.  I had several leftover pieces from building Brimble's and realized I hadn't missed them at all.  Considering what all I added to it, I still don't miss them.