If Walls Could Talk on Discovery+

fov

I'd never heard of this show until this year, but If Walls Could Talk is an old, charmingly corny show where people find historic relics in their old houses. It's on Discovery+ and my husband and I watch it during dinner a lot.

The other day we saw a segment that started like this:

"When the couple couldn’t find the real Victorian house of their dreams, they bought a dollhouse kit and built a miniature version. So you can imagine how stunned they were when, two years later, they saw an 1897 Victorian in Weaverville, California, that looked just like their homemade model. They were so swayed by the coincidence that they bought the quaint house without even seeing the inside."

Intriguing! Here's the house:

if-walls-could-talk1.jpg

I couldn't think of a dollhouse kit that looks *exactly* like this one, but it reminds me of a Fairfield (without the tower). I was excited to see the dollhouse. They mentioned a few more times what a massive coincidence it was to find a house that looked just like their dollhouse, and then they showed it...

if-walls-could-talk2.jpg

I burst out laughing. 😆 These houses look nothing alike! Looking at the pictures now, I guess they're talking about the porch, but even that isn't too similar.

The episode was season 10, episode 3.

• Like 2