I'm Back!

madtex1967

Hey Everyone, I am finally back and excited about things I am reading and seeing on the forum.  I have been out of service since September with some health issues and just general life being crazy.  But finally back on track and hope to get back working in my Minis. 

I do own an apology to havanaholly!  She and her husband came to New Orleans, and I had planned on meeting them.  Then I vanished.  I am truly sorry Holly!  That was the start of things going downhill and I was unavailable to many friends.  I have Crohn's Disease, and after a 10 year remission, it came back full force and took me down several days.  Recovery from that, dealing with work, and life in general kept me from doing many things I normally would have.

So now I am looking forward to the rest of the holidays to relax and just enjoy life!  It looks to be a busy few months for me, all in hopes I continue to feel better.

Glad to be back and on track again.  I look forward to catching up on things here, on Emily's blog, and the others I read!

Matt

• Like 3

Glad to see you back, Matt! I've been working on the Bauder Pine Mansard Victorian I bought earlier this year. I was playing with options for adding an addition to the side and pulled out my First Lady kit to consider using some of the pieces. In the end I decided against it, but it made me wonder how you're getting along with yours.

2 hours ago, FurMama said:

Welcome back Matt. I wondered where you were. Best wishes for continuing recovery! 

Thanks!  It is nice to be feeling good again and energized to get busy on my minis!

53 minutes ago, fov said:

Glad to see you back, Matt! I've been working on the Bauder Pine Mansard Victorian I bought earlier this year. I was playing with options for adding an addition to the side and pulled out my First Lady kit to consider using some of the pieces. In the end I decided against it, but it made me wonder how you're getting along with yours.

I was just reading on the last post.  The house is going to be a beauty.  As far as the First Lady, I haven't touched it in months.  I started painting it, and didn't like the direction it was going.  I decided to put it aside and let it talk to me and me rethink what I would like to see.  I started on working on my New Orleans Shotgun Houses.  I purchased off eBay two assembled 4 inch deep room boxes with porches on the front.  I started to bash them to look like Shotgun Houses of different styles.  I have some pictures, but haven't started an album yet.  Those are the ones I will get back to work on.