Broken Chandeliers

Suedo

My 12 globe chandelier stopped working when I plugged it in to a board with too many globes for the transformer I had. Don't know what I'm doing first dolls house experience. I would like to try to repair it, does anyone know how I could do that

Transformers depend on the number of individual bulbs in all of the fixtures you have.  Test your chandelier with a transformer rated for more bulbs to see if the bulbs are OK or if you need to replace them.

Plugging the chandelier into a transformer that's not strong enough shouldn't break the chandelier, the bulbs should just be dimmer. Do other lights work?

Can you explain how you have this set up? If you're using tape wire, it's possible a connection somewhere between your transformer and your chandelier isn't working. Do you have a test probe that you can use to test the tape in different spots to see where it's working?

2 hours ago, fov said:

Plugging the chandelier into a transformer that's not strong enough shouldn't break the chandelier, the bulbs should just be dimmer. Do other lights work?

Can you explain how you have this set up? If you're using tape wire, it's possible a connection somewhere between your transformer and your chandelier isn't working. Do you have a test probe that you can use to test the tape in different spots to see where it's working?

Yes, Susan, show us a picture of what you are working with....you can post a link to the manufactures site instead of having to load a pictures.

There are all sorts of lighting equipment around, and since you are in Australia it might be something unique to us here in the states....Some older equipment also had in-line fuses.

Like @fovsaid earlier, it would be strange for the bulbs to burn out.

I use one of these https://cr2s.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23&products_id=88

to test my lights when I am installing. It is quite handy. I bet you could find something on Amazon or at a local store.

Edited by Mid-life madness

13 hours ago, fov said:

Thanks for responding, I have plug in boards, I've tested the other lights with the new transformer and they work but the chandelier doesn't so I don't quite know what to do. Do you think all 12 bulbs could havegone

Can't seem to download photos, it says file to big. Wish I knew what I was doing

8 minutes ago, Suedo said:

Thanks for responding, I have plug in boards, I've tested the other lights with the new transformer and they work but the chandelier doesn't so I don't quite know what to do. Do you think all 12 bulbs could havegone

See this post for info about resizing photos:

It seems like even if one bulb is loose or blown, the others should still light up. But it might depend on how the chandelier is build. I don't think all 12 bulbs could have gone out at once. You could try removing all the bulbs, and then swapping in one bulb that you know works and see if that one lights up.

9 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Susan, now that you have made five posts you can put your pictures in an album in the Gallery.

Oh right thank you, shall endeavour to do so wish me luck