Granville dollhouse in Illinois

Uncle Jessie

I built this dollhouse for my Mother starting back in 1989. She is gone now, and no one in the family is interested in it.

A wiring kit and many lights were installed. All lights go with the house. I believe they all work.

Over the years some wallpaper and flooring were installed in several of the rooms. Some of it is not in great shape and you might want to replace it.

There is a ton of furniture and small items, some of which you see in the pictures. It all goes with the dollhouse.

The chimneys were done with "real" bricks and mortar. The roof was done with individual shingles.

The dollhouse is sitting on a lazy susan turntable so it can be spun around for easy viewing.

Given the age of it, there is some dust in nooks and crannies. But to the best of my knowledge the majority of it is in good shape.

We're located in Illinois, about 90 minutes NE of St. Louis.    I have no clue if it would be possible to ship this or how to go about it.

I can check back in here to see if anyone is interested.  

I have several more pictures.  Not sure how to get them posted, but will try to figure it out.

Thanks for looking.

Dollhouse front.JPG

Ron, we have a Personal Messaging system (not email) to exchange personal information.  Click on the three little dots at the top right corner of your first post and you will get a drop down box with an "Edit"button that will allow you to remove your email address.  You don't EVER want to post personal contact info of any kind on any open website.

Guys, I appreciate your concern about the email.  But that's a "burner" email that already gets tons of spam.  I don't rely on it for personal email.   If someone send me a message there I just copy their email address to my regular email and take it from there.  So I'm gonna leave it as is.

Already did that too, and got no response at all.

The price?  I thought the rules said we weren't supposed to discuss that ???

With the price of the kit, all the wiring, the lights, and all the small items I'm sure I spent $1,000 or more.  But I know all too well that spending that much doesn't make it worth that much.

Getting a bunch of money out of it isn't my goal.  I just want it in the hands of someone who will appreciate it like my Mom did.

• Like 1

Just to be clear -

I'm not looking for suggestions about where to advertise it.   I have already advertised it elsewhere.

I'm not looking for anyone to tell me to offer it relatives.  I've been doing that for years.

If you're interested in having the dollhouse by all means contact me.  If you have more suggestions please keep them to yourself.

The Granville has been a sought-after dollhouse in the past and I think people are just eager to help you find a good home for it. I'm going to add your location to the thread title. Hopefully someone in your area will see this and reach out.

• Thanks 1

Sorry if I'm a bit touchy.   But after years of trying to give it away and advertise it, and only getting floods of people telling me what to do.  (Not just here)  I am totally fed up with it.

If anyone wants it they can have it.  And they can have the boxes of small stuff too.

• 2 weeks later...

If I were anywhere near you, I would drive there and pick it up. West Coast is too far.

If you are willing to donate it, you could check for charity auctions in your area. SS Peter and Paul are having a charity auction on March 6th. Looks like it will be a virtual auction.

Edited by zigzagpipixcan