Victorian Dollhouse

Hallowell

Hi Everyone, I have another question. I bought a beautiful old prebuilt dollhouse a couple of years ago in Massachusetts and have started to fix it up. ;) I"m pretty sure it was built from a kit in the 70's from a company called Model Homes of Boonton, N.J., I also think it was model # 1009 Victorian. The house also came with ownership papers.

I have a few photos of it in my gallery, I named it the Harvard House after the town I purchased it in.

Now, what I'm looking for is any information someone may have on this kit, instruction papers and especially photos of the house finished. This would be greatly appreciated. :Jumpy:

It's a great find, but not familiar to me at all. Something to add to the options when trying to ID other houses, since the construction and proportions aren't quite like more familiar brands.

I recall some extremely vague rumors that Dollhouse Factory used to be larger or carry more original stuff or something like that -- their Web site now is just the standard Handley House catalog -- but it's third-hand gossip rather than anything I really know.

I tried searching New Jersey's records for information about Model Homes of Boonton, but the registration would have been through Morris County, which puts nothing useful online.

Oh -- and the house is vaguely like some of the RGT New Concept line, but it doesn't really match any of the tower configurations. RGT has bought several brands over the years -- sometimes they keep the houses pretty much the same, and sometimes they alter them dramatically.

• 8 years later...
  • 6 years later...

This is a long shot, but if you're still looking for instructions and photos let me know. My dad and grandfather built this kit for me in 1980 and I'm fortunate enough that I still have all the instructions and spare parts. I'm currently renovating it and was delighted to see your photos of it.