Hello! Honestly just checking out dollhouses and miniatures. I was gifted my grandmothers dollhouse made in the 70's and I really want to renovate it and fix it up! I have always had a fascination with miniatures though! Have a good day!

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Rebecca.  When you have made five posts you can share pictures of your renovation in a Gallery album.  Beware, though; renovation can be your first steps down the primrose path of full miniature addiction!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kim 43
      My name is Kim and this is my first real dollhouse. I have been in love with the Garfield since I was 8 years old and my grandfather took me to the local hobby store to get some items for his train set. I am now 43 and for the first time I have a home that will allow me to finally have this house. I also have a 6yo daughter that will be assisting me with the project as much as she can.  All I need is as much advice as I can get on this. I do already know that I will be replacing the doors and windows so any help on that would be greatly appreciated. 
    • By lrsafari
      Hope I am obeying the rules.
      I am "New" here, but my eBay record is visible, and I can point to when I bought and sold high end cinema cameras and gear.
      I am happy to provide additional photos or details if requested.
      (1) Arrow Kit 750 Royal Dream  Kit in original box, Appears complete, I counted the main wood sheets. I am not sure if any shingles or other loose pieces. Box is old masking tape nightmare, but it is there.     (2) Kit: Dura Craft Heritage HR 560
      Kit in original box. Perhaps 25% of kit is missing.
      My wife and I did an inventory of the pieces. I have some of the instruction manual pages we made notes on, but need to look for a couple pages.

(3) BUILT: Greenleaf Fairfield 8015
      Fully assembled, painted, flooring. But needs a bit of care. Some shingles are missing, Some panels sem loose. Flooring, other decorator items showing their age.
    • By Carrie-Waltz
      Hi. everyone!
      I'm a newbie in doll house construction
      I had problems with making furniture, so my husband bought me a doweling jighttps://pickadvisor.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Woodstock-D4116-Doweling-Jig-review-300x300.jpg (don't know how to attach the image properly)
      He's sure I can use it, as it's helpful in his workshop

Has anyone any experience using it?
      If not, maybe you like the idea
    • By ~morningstar~
      So, I was nosing around on Market Place and I saw a pretty dollhouse that someone wanted $150 for. I didn't think the dollhouse was worth that, so I kept looking. I came back every day looking and then I saw this new one listed. The seller was asking $189 for it, and I thought it was worth a lot more. I contacted her and asked if it was still available. She indicated it was and said she had to get rid of it by Tuesday. Perfect, I said. I will come get it. THEN I had to figure out how we were going to bring this dollhouse home. We wound up renting a uHaul van and loading it up into the van and carefully driving it home. Once home, a furniture dolly helped to bring it inside the apartment and now, it sits in the middle of my living room. GO Team! we did it!
      The house needs some restorative work, but is otherwise in good condition.  The things that need to be done: repair the front porch rail, the stairway from second floor to attic needs to be repaired and reattached. Some of the rooms need to be finished wallpapering and the flooring needs to be done. Some of the windows need to be repaired. The trim around the turret needs some parts replaced. Some of the doors need to be reattached.  Some of the shingles need to be replaced. Aside from that, the dollhouse looks awesome for being as old as it is.
      I am going to try to upload some pics if I can.  You all can tell me what you think.

~morningstar~

• By LiLDee
      Hi Everyone!!  I was very pleased to find this Greenleaf Forum.  I recently purchased two Greenleaf Dollhouses, very old, opened boxes, missing some instruction pages, from a flea market. I have previously been building with popsicle sticks, trying to build a mansion, but I kept stopping a building miniatures that could go inside, which led me to a desire to build an actual dollhouse.  Whew! Long sentence!  So I am in the very, very early stages of the build, section B Walls and Floors and I don't understand #6: Align hall/living room partition to slots in first floor and second floor, (G)  I just don't see where it fits and the photos in the instructions aren't very Novice friendly.  If anyone can help me with this, I have been stumped for a couple of hours now and I don't want to skip this and go back later since this is my first dollhouse. BTW, I am fairly proficient in actually building life sized items.  I designed and built doghouses for several years.  All help is welcomed. Thanks and I look forward to this site for great information on my journey!