Flooring Help

blue_moon992

I need help!! I'm working on the Orchid and I made a Tennessee Vols room......(for those who don't have any clue what I'm talking about, its BRIGHT orange and white lol)

Anyway!! This bright room is the bathroom and I am stuck with the flooring. I was hoping to have some kind of a checkered-lineolum-tile (sp) type look to it, but I'm stumped.

They don't sell the tile in this color. SuzyQ, you know what I'm talking about for sure!! lol

I forgot the cord to my camera, so I'll post eye candy tomorrow....

thinking thinking thinking!!! :yucky: :wave::wave::banana:

I've seen floor tiles made out of DAS before - I'm wondering if you could make the tiles from DAS or paperclay and paint them the colors you're wanting <?> maybe with a light gloss over the paint ?

Just a thought,

-David

Or you could do the filch-the-paintchips-from-the-hardware-store-paint-section play in orange & white (how can anyone root for a team whose colors aren't orange & blue is beyond me!lol) and run inerference with a floor template and then immerse them in ModPodge to give them a linoleum look. Go Vols! Go Gators!

I've seen floor tiles made out of DAS before - I'm wondering if you could make the tiles from DAS or paperclay and paint them the colors you're wanting <?> maybe with a light gloss over the paint ?

Just a thought,

-David

That's correct, you can paint the tiles with acryl paint, and finish it with transparant so they shine.

I made my tiles of DASklei but I didn't paint them. ( see my link)

paint the floor blacka nd white in the checkerboard pattern

ORANGE & white. SEC football this time of year is SERIOUS! (We get to play South Carolina this weekend...)

Actually that's a very good idea, too. or use orange and white construction paper, cut it into 1" wide strips and weave them over & under and glue them to matboard cut to fit the bathroom floor, seal it with a gloss acrylic sealer and lay it in there!

You could go to your local building supply store , like Lowe's , & in the ceramic tile dept. the have extras of tiles that you can buy individually. They are 1 inch squares that are fixed to a mesh to make a 1 foot square tile. You just cut them apart & glue them down. Then you can grout them for a nice look. I have done this in bathrooms that I did.