Question about re-ment minis

SusannaT

Boy can ebay suck you in... :banana:

Planning that shopping center in my mind, I wanted to find modern coffeemakers, display cases, cash registers etc.

I found fun looking japanese re-ment minis.

Just the kind I could use.

I like the fact that it's plastic as my girls will be playing with them.

What's your experience with it?

And do you know of any other modern appliance minis?

Here's a link to the ebay store I found them at.

I have NO experience with them but I have heard that they are not true 1:12 scale.

Honestly... my girls dollhouse families are not quite the right scale either... :banana:

I thought of maybe ordering a couple small item and seeing how they look. My girls would still play with them.

kids dont care if the stuff is in scale they just like the realism.

so fill up the store!

and when they have finished you can sort and keep what you find fits your scale.

in the meantime the girls will ENJOY!

nutti :banana:

I have loads of them - but they are more 1/6th scale - barbie/Jenny doll scale.

Some things are sized enough to be able to blend into the dollhouse - for example, I bought some of the dishes and pottery items and they look great in the dollhouse.

I use most of mine for my 1/6th japanese dolls, tho. Not the dollhouse.

It all depends on how you use them, but for the most part, they will be a little large.

Not that this helps, but there is a photo of some rement peaches (they are even FUZZY!) and that leg in the background is my barbie sized Susie doll.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/jen...usie_treats.jpg

Rement is fantastic. Just technically not the right scale.

kids dont care if the stuff is in scale they just like the realism.

so fill up the store!

and when they have finished you can sort and keep what you find fits your scale.

in the meantime the girls will ENJOY!

I agree with Nutti! Kids just wanna have fun . . . they're not concerned about scale! :banana:

Some of that stuff looks really neat . . . I almost went for the refrigerated donut counter . . . I'm still in the thinking stage though about what I really want for 'Hyacinth's'! :yikes:

I hadn't heard of these before - I had a look, and honestly, I love them! It's a shame that they're too big for dollhouse scale, but you know, some of those items come in different sizes (in "real" life). I bet you could smuggle in some of those pieces without alarming any dollhouse dolls. :banana:

No experience with them myself -- no little ones at home :o -- but my experience with kids says that the large scale might be easier for them to handle...they'll love it ('cause they're cute :yikes: ). Go for it and let the rest of us know how you & the girls like them :banana: