Printers

peggyquade

I am wondering if I could find out which printers you all use? I would like to print out wallpaper, those cool little free printables, patterns, etc. I have no idea what to look for in a printer but I know many of you have experience with printers so I'd greatly appreciate your advice! Thanks. Peggy

I don't think brand would be such a big deal as type. I'm guessing a laser printer would be better since ink jet printing can smear. Though with the price of laser cartriges I'm not sure you'll see a great saving.

Hi Peggy --

I use an inkjet (Lexmark) and I'm quite satisfied with it and have had no problem with smearing, tho' you should always make sure the page is dry before you handle it. Most of the people I know have either an inkjet or bubblejet. Either will give you good results. My only advice would be to stick with the name brands.

I use a Panasonic laser printer, but find some of the instruction for printing on fabric say to use an ink jet printer. The laser printer gets good results for printies but I would not want to print wall paper with my printer. I would try scrap book paper instead. I have not got to the point of wall paper yet in my house construction. The cost of the cartridges is just too high and scrap book paper goes on sale in my area for good prices.

I have a Lexmark all in one and I am very pleased...the quality is pretty darn good...The price for the Lexmark was fantastic and I found a website called Worldclassink.com which carries the cartridges at a very reasonable price. If you buy the generic cartridges and pay with paypal, you get a 5% discount and shipping is free...

I use a HP & an Epsom printer. There are some other things you can do for better printies. One is your print out setting. You can set them for good , better , & best. Also is the quality of paper you use. For my wallpaper, after printing I spray it with a fixative so it don't smear. There was a discussion on this in another thread. You can get fixatives in matte or gloss finishes at your craft store. I guess the printer brand don't really matter, but you get what you pay for !!

Steve in PA

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smb900

I have an HP deskjet3420 color printer that I bought for under $100 at least 5 years ago. It makes great printies, photos, etc.

I also have an HP Laserjet 5 that is at least 15 years old that makes very crisp black & white prints.

I agree, stick with a name brand.

post-290-1162303576_thumb.jpg

I use a hp hubby bought it I had a lexmark but I found that Iused a lot of ink.

I also like the print artist program because it gives me the measurment right in the screen I don't have to guess what the size is I also use the program Mgi photo suite because I can change the format of the pic. that I pull off the internet.and puts them into a temp file for me to view. here is a cut and paste wallpaper.