Help, urgent

Thimble Hall

I don't think he's committing fraud since it was stated he would disassemble. The tower roof top could come off and the porch possibly, depending on how it was built. Might be a live and learn situation. I don't see how he's going to have much of a profit margin after he ships that house. Keep us posted, it's something we can all learn from. 

your so right! i should not have said the FRAUD word, that was a little harsh and did not apply to this situation. chase bank went to bat for me against the great big giant AMAZON. it was my fault accidently pressing one click ordering and they had kept my payment info from two years prior.  my other bank went to bat for me (twice) with these late night infomercials flooding the market with promises they did not keep.  my fault again, i thought i was going to pay the advertised price and both companies hiked that price up to more than double and charged my debit card,  i was floored. i dont use regular credit cards anymore. if debbie dont have the the money,  debbie does without, period!  if debbie orders online and the price hikes up double,  i may not have the funds in there!  my bank could see my purchase history and my standard of living, they knew i had made a boo boos.   im not saying you made boo boos or a bad decision, i just wanted to make the point that my bank helped me, inspite of me.  it wont hurt to call and ask. i hope things work out for you! dont give up is all I'm saying. keep knocking on as many doors as you need to. dont forget about that suggestion with the ebay complaint time frame... you still have time to start that process too! i think its absolutley marvelous that the greenleaf community cares so much to help each other. so much wisdom from such wonderful neighbors! 

good choice jeannine!  you be strong, dont let ebay beat you up!  you have all these wonderful greenleaf neighbors offering their kindness, collective experience and so ready to help and give supportive wisdom!  i feel fortunante to have found the greenleaf family. 

• Like 1

I have tried e bay and Paypal and this point I can't do anything, there isn't a category for it, after a while I can start a not received, or if it comes wrecked I can start that. I can't cancel even though not shipped as I actually don't have a reason but he can so I just have to wait. I have requested he does not dismantle it till we have discussed it but he is not answering my e mails so my hands are tied right now. I have bought many things were a piece had to carefully removed for shipping but what he contemplates is ridiculous. I am hoping he will find it too much money to ship whatever company he tries and then he will be glad of a way out.

Last night I sent him an eBay letter requesting a cancelation unless  the house  was packed and shipped appropriately I  got a reply this morning with apologies, he had been away. He has now looked at the house and agrees it is too complicated to try to take parts off. He has offered to pack it correctly.

I told him it will need a very large appliance box, be gently saran wrapped all round a few times. not tight, then carefully bubble wrapped loosely  with large bubble sheets then in the box on a bed of peanuts , then the box filled with peanuts.., The furnishings to be bubble wrapped if breakable and loose and left in the rooms, Big signs on saying keep upright etc If he does this I think it will be OK.I have packed several extremely fragile large articles with delicate trims on  and they have crossed the Atlantic packed like this. If he finds that too much trouble or too expensive   he  might still want out when he comes to doing it but I am sort of expecting that.. Then it will be him cancelling not me.

So keep your fingers crossed for men  that  all goes well and thank you all so much for the support and and help, it helped me a lot.

37 minutes ago, Jeannine said:

Last night I sent him an eBay letter requesting a cancelation unless  the house  was packed and shipped appropriately I  got a reply this morning with apologies, he had been away. He has now looked at the house and agrees it is too complicated to try to take parts off. He has offered to pack it correctly.

I told him it will need a very large appliance box, be gently saran wrapped all round a few times. not tight, then carefully bubble wrapped loosely  with large bubble sheets then in the box on a bed of peanuts , then the box filled with peanuts.., The furnishings to be bubble wrapped if breakable and loose and left in the rooms, Big signs on saying keep upright etc If he does this I think it will be OK.I have packed several extremely fragile large articles with delicate trims on  and they have crossed the Atlantic packed like this. If he finds that too much trouble or too expensive   he  might still want out when he comes to doing it but I am sort of expecting that.. Then it will be him cancelling not me.

So keep your fingers crossed for men  that  all goes well and thank you all so much for the support and and help, it helped me a lot.

This sounds like the best outcome you could expect. I'm glad you have some clarity and are both on the same page. Hopefully he can get it done for a reasonable price so you get your house. Otherwise at least you will get your money back. :)