Why we're not getting anything done around Greenleaf

Mini Man

Teresa has always been an inspiration to me in my miniature work. I know that I can learn many new skills, but she has that something extra that most of us aspire to achieve. I believe that no matter how many magazines I read or workshops I attend, that I'll not be able to put together the dollhouse scenes that Teresa does so naturally. She is truly gifted and talented. I am always in awe of her creations.

When I view her work, I feel like an editor of a magazine like Teen Beat would feel while reading through an issue of Vogue.

-Susanne

Thank you all so much for your comments! It really is truly appreciated!

I get so much inspiration and have so much admiration for others here on the forum that this is all a bit overwhelming! I've never been one who likes to be singled out . . . but I have to tell you . . . I'm walking around telling Brian he's got a celebrity in the house and he better start treating me like one! :D Somehow, I don't think it's gonna happen! :D I do, however, think it's time to pull out the 'Green Apple Pucker' . . . anyone care to join me?! :lol: :drool:

Oh Teresa, you know I'll join you anytime for Green apple pucker, but especially now in a toast for your great work and you getting the recognition you so deserved. :drool:

I think you give more inspiration than you receive, MiniMadWoman... :drool:

Thanks!!! Because without seeing how amazing a dollhouse could be, it would be easy to put my project aside and forget the dream!

Rebecca

Teresa, RayAnne just looked at your Beacon Hill for the first time. The before and after pictures. She was in awe.

She said it made our Garfiled look sort of sad. Poor thing. I told her ours was just in its beginning stages and that it will look nice too. She perked up a bit after that.

It does make me want to get back to work. LOL

Wow. That's all I've got to say. Wow.

Actually, I have lots to say...those shows are unbelievable artistic and beautiful. I hope you don't mind, Teresa, but I sent the link to your site to the Executive Director of the Senior Housing Assistance Group here in Seattle. He's considering my proposal to build the Foxhall Mansion for the new affordable housing for seniors home he is building in Seattle...the free kit from a woman here. I talked to the Exec Director today and he was very nice, seemed very open to discussing my idea with those in charge but I got the idea he didn't really know much about miniatures. When I got home tonight and saw your shows, I knew that was such a beautiful representation of what minis are all about that I had to send it to him. I hope he views it before he makes his decision...it may make a big difference. Even if it doesn't, I just love what you did. Thanks so much to Dean for sharing that!

Teresa, RayAnne just looked at your Beacon Hill for the first time. The before and after pictures. She was in awe.

She said it made our Garfiled look sort of sad. Poor thing. I told her ours was just in its beginning stages and that it will look nice too. She perked up a bit after that.

Susanne, you and Rayanne have a lot to be proud of . . . your Garfield is amazing! That's what's so wonderful about building a house . . . the process it goes through and what we learn about miniatures and ourselves as we go through that process. Never underestimate the value of time . . . I've been working on my BH for over a year now and I'm still not done . . . probably never will be . . . but I get a lot of joy even by putting a small vase of flowers on a table that I got on eBay! Baby steps, girlfriend, baby steps!!

Peggy, I don't mind! The more people we can bring into our 'fold' the better off we all are in our little miniature world!! :drool:

Susanne, you and Rayanne have a lot to be proud of . . . your Garfield is amazing! That's what's so wonderful about building a house . . . the process it goes through and what we learn about miniatures and ourselves as we go through that process. Never underestimate the value of time . . . I've been working on my BH for over a year now and I'm still not done . . . probably never will be . . . but I get a lot of joy even by putting a small vase of flowers on a table that I got on eBay! Baby steps, girlfriend, baby steps!!

Thanks Teresa for your encouraging words. RayAnne doesn't have school tomorrow so I am hoping we can get lots done and start working in the second floor. Hopefully I can post some new pictures by next week. Maybe next Saturday we can go pick up her cool stove that we put on lay-away.

By the way. Your accessories are amazing. That is something I will need help with. I am good at the big picture but not all the tiny details.

By the way. Your accessories are amazing. That is something I will need help with. I am good at the big picture but not all the tiny details.

I've got just one word for you . . . eBay!! :drool: Oh, and don't forget the wonderful talent right here on our own forum . . . like wenlaine (wicker) and Deb (perfume bottles, beds) and Nutti (love my hutch) and many, many more!!

How exciting you're going to get your stove!! That is an awesome stove . . . I can't wait to see it installed with that fabulous stove hood! :D