Miniature keepsake of your real wedding dress

Luanne

I havenot heard of this before. I've seen the dry-freeze bouquet but the dress? I think this is way cool.

Do you think Joanne will have small beads and such if I want to try this? 

video: http://www.wthr.com/article/only-indiana-miniature-memories?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=11276572

the bottom of this dress is so fun

https://www.etsy.com/listing/176356404/replica-miniature-wedding-gown-and?ref=shop_home_active_6

website http://www.heirloomtextileart.com/replica_miniature_gowns

• Like 1

Wow!  Those are amazing.  I so admire anyone who can sew, and this level of work just blows me away. I have trouble sewing on buttons, much less making anything like this.

I have seen tiny beads, not sure if it was at Joann's but if not then it was either Hobby Lobby or Micheals. I can't wait to see what you make!

Wow they are gorgeous.  I sew, I made christening gowns from my mother-in-law's wedding gown, but something so tiny, I don't know.

Just realized they are Barbie size, my Aunt made a replica of my daighters wedding gown, sooo.....maybe.

I made my own wedding dress, so it was relatively simple, but it  was a man-made fiber and damask, so 'way out of scale for anything mini.  My grandmother made a ruffled heart-shaped pillow from the scrap fabric that has apparently disappeared along with the dress & veil and my childhood dollhouse.

Wow! Those were incredible!!  I want one!!  :)  

I had always hoped that I would have a daughter that wanted to wear my gown...but my girls are plus-size and I certainly wasn't when I got married!  Maybe I will have a granddaughter someday......

Amazing!  These are beautiful.  I hope you give it a try and let us know how it turns out.  JoAnns is my go-to craft store, since it's within walking distance, but I've never found micro-beads there.  I think Michael's carries them, though, and you can always order from Amazon.

Mine has been packed in helium for the 40 years since I wore it plus the 20 years since my mother wore it. It had a hoop but that is long gone. No daughters and all my nieces are thin but too tall. I really should do something with it. The box is as large as a large dollhouse box taking up much needed space.

Beads for your (hand) nails! 

I rented my white gown and have a pink one custom made.  My thinking now is I'd make one that I think it's pretty and I'd wear one now if I were to have a vow renewal.