Pillars/Posts

TinyJudi

I am planning the interior of my White Orchid and was looking for some pillars to put in instead of the wall dividing the rooms downstairs. I have been to a couple sites, but what they are offering are too short. I need two 9 inch pillars, if anyone happens to know where I can find them. If nothing else, I will craft some myself. When all else fails....... :wave:

Thanks everyone.

Why not add small blocks of wood to the capital and base to make up the difference? It would give the column a slightly larger footprint and may make it more stable. If it is say, 1" wide, the first piece could be 1 1/4, the next 1 1/2. Apply equally to the top and bottom to keep it centered. It might work. :happy:

I remember someone using the Wilton cake pillars before. I can't remember who.
It was Judith Abraham.

But they might be long enough.

You could also add more base & capital to them to make them the correct length, prime the plastic & wood parts together to paint them to match as a single unit. Faux marble techniques work well here, too.

Wildwood Designs sells 7,9,11" wooden pillars--the website is www.wildwooddesigns.com and the 9" pillars are product #97134. The pillars are relatively plain--smooth wood no fluting on the turned part of the column. I get their catalogs and have bought from them before (I bought my Shadybrook Cabin from them).

Good luck with your project!