An interesting find and no idea what to do with it?

Cable_guy

hello everyone, i have joined and am posting in this forum simply because I have no idea what I have other than its obviously a doll house and a lot miniature furniture.

Straight forward I am not a collector or a builder of miniature stuff like this yet last week I stumbled upon a huge doll house full of lots of furniture!

I think it's kinda old and yet I have tried to research this house and furniture and I can find some of the furniture online but nothing about the house, it's a very large 4 level house and it's all open in the back, I will try and figure out how to post some pictures of it and the contents.

I don't even know if I'm posting in the right spot of this forum so I apologize if that's the case, I'm just hoping someone can help me identify these things so I know what to do with them because it's taking up lots of space!

Thanks.

Welcome! Like Sable said you need 5 posts to start a gallery, but I think you can attach some photos to your posts before that? Click on "More Reply Options" (bottom of the screen), and then you'll see an area under the reply box where you can attach pictures.

Thanks for the welcome and the picture posting info,

And I'm sorry I had not posted in the new member section prior to this thread, good info so I posted there as well, thanks.

I really hope someone here can tell me what I found once I can post pictures!

I have been looking around the forums and found a picture that was in a thread under swaps and believe the one I have looks very similar to a house called a walmer I believe

Has the same chimney on the roof, but I don't know so I will leave it to you experts.

Well I'm excited to be able to get some pictures up soon for you to see.

I did start looking up walmer house kits and came across just one that is the exact model on Google images that states that the particular house won a third place.

I guess until I can get a picture up I can try and give a better description.

About 4 feet tall

It's like a dark gray house with lighter gray roof

It's got 4 levels, with white window trim.

The main part of the house has 3 levels all dark gray with white trim around the windows and then the 4th level has windows coming out of the roof,

On the main level it has one window room and one room room on each side of the main part of the house, the front door is a double door on the left side of the main part of the house and has a porch and 4 pillars holding up a small balcony for the 2nd level window above the door.

Has a white chimney on the top roof right in center and white balcony on the smaller left and right side roofs.

I know pictures will be easier to determine so I apologize for my terrible description, I just really want to know once I find out what house this is if it was worth saving.

Good to know that most are worth saving, and actually is really cool that it's such a large house but at the same time it takes a lot of space so I have to give credit to all of you who do this hobby because just looking at how much time goes into these miniature pieces!

Ok so I was not able to attach any photos to this thread, I kept getting an error saying file was too big!

So I think I started a gallery?

I dunno though, I just titled it as unknown house and it looks like it showed up in the gallery page so I hope that picture helps identify the house, if more pictures are needed let me know and I will try and figure out how to get more on there.

Again thank you for any help you miniature experts can give.

At first I thought it looked like the Walmer Mulberry Lane with add-ons - but it's not. Window and door placements are different. I'll keep looking and if I find it I'll let you know.

I left a comment on your picture. What you have is the Walmer French Victorian catalog # 111. It was available as painted or unpainted (not sure if that meant in kit form or not). Unpainted the SRP was $320 and painted SRP was $378 (again, kit form either way would have been considerably less). Knockdown construction 39 1/2" H x 48" W x 19" D and 12 rooms. Made with 1/4" mahogany plywood with a 1/2" base. What I can see of that house looks like all the windows, door, and trim are original. If the staircase inside is set a little to the back and goes back to front, with a turn a couple steps up, then that is the original staircase and railings. And for those who haven't seen the inside, the front door is a step down into the room.

I love that house and always wanted one. What I'd do with it, I have no idea, but it does look like it would make a nice turn of the century city house for a family with lots of children. Or even a brownstone of some sort, if you could get a high base put under it. Whatever, it's a very nice house. Congratulations!

Rodent raisers, thank you for all the info about this house!

And yes Holly when I get home I will post some more pictures of the back and inside to show the innards and such.

I don't know anything about it but it appears that the stairs match the description that leads me to believe it might be all original, the front porch goes through the doors and a few steps down into the house then a piece of stairs which go to a small landing and then turn to go up to the next level and so on up to the top level but only the landing is on the bottom level.

And Sable to answer your question this house is what I guess you would call in " knockdown " condition because it's not glued, just the small wooden pegs holding it together.

Thanks again to all of you helping with info about this house.

Rodent raisers, thank you for all the info about this house!

And yes Holly when I get home I will post some more pictures of the back and inside to show the innards and such.

I don't know anything about it but it appears that the stairs match the description that leads me to believe it might be all original, the front porch goes through the doors and a few steps down into the house then a piece of stairs which go to a small landing and then turn to go up to the next level and so on up to the top level but only the landing is on the bottom level.

And Sable to answer your question this house is what I guess you would call in " knockdown " condition because it's not glued, just the small wooden pegs holding it together.

Thanks again to all of you helping with info about this house.

You're welcome. Actually, I opened up the Miniatures Catalog 3rd Edition and there's a pic of the back of the house right there on the1st inside page. IDing a house has never been so easy. LMAO