Winston cottage

ilovecats

I put the foundation together!

I still can't decide on bakery or shop of some kind!

If i go with a shop, i'm not sure of a wedding shop or like a collectable shop with country decor like birdhouses, quilts, etc....

Hmmmm not sure yet. Haven't thought up a color for the house either! I think i'll put the shell mostly together first then decide!

This is gonna be a fun house, it is milled mdf and has some pretty trimwork!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on the foundation! lol

I never know what I want my houses to be, so I do most of the assembly then decide on the wall paper and outside and stuff.

Like everyone else says,t hey do seem to have a mind of their own :doh:

Yes so far! i had to glue pieces of flooring together for the first and second floor. I'll let them dry before attempting anything else.

I have a name....and a theme!

Bella's country collectables

It will be a shop with quilts, country decor and some antique's.

I just have to decide on the exterior color. I'm thinking something in the rose tones, maybe even greens not sure yet. I'm gonna look at pictures of house colors and make up my mind then. The interior will be so much fun to choose wallpaper! I have a look in mind, now i'll just have to browse wallpapers to find something that will go along with the look i want. I do want rose colors i think.

Well off to work on my next paperclay fireplace for the tennyson!

I'm gonna glue the walls together today! I meant to get to it earlier this morning but i've spent hours already just scanning thru ebay looking for who knows what. Amazing how fast time goes when you are doing something mindless :yikes:

I just got off the phone with my sis, she's flying back to Virginia today. I feel sad!

Well here goes with the glue! I can't wait to see how this house goes together!

Keeping my figners and toes (well atleast in theory LOL) crossed for things to go your way with the glue bottle!

Share pics when you can please....

Hugs :thumb:

Things are going very well! I wish that i had read ahead and glued some of the pieces together that i just glued a few minutes ago! Now i have to wait for the two pieces to dry before i can put the roof together....ah well time for a lunch break!

I usually try to do things in stages and paint in stages, but i think i'm gonna put the whole shell together, including the roof before i do that this time and work out the painting details later.

This is a cute house! i'll try to post a picture later!

Keeping my figners and toes (well atleast in theory LOL) crossed for things to go your way with the glue bottle!

Share pics when you can please....

Hugs :thumb:

I will!

okay, i tried to dry fit the roof, of course it wouldn't cooperate. I think this part of construction will be a tad more trying. The MDF is kinda heavy. I haven't read the instruction for the roof yet but i just thought of a way to glue some of the pieces together to help make it easier.

I just took pictures but need to download them from the camera. In looking at the interior of the house and the space that it has i think i may actually make this into a tearoom! It has a nice amount of space for it....so i think i will save the idea for Bella's country collectables for another house.....

I have pictures! This is as far as i will get until next weekend. In the photos the paint looks pretty pink, its more of a darker color, more salmony than it looks in the photos. i'm not sure what the accent colors will be yet. I was excited to find this can of paint, i forgot that i had it. I originally purchased it for the Federal but decided it wasn't right for that particular house.

I'm going to make a little bathroom upstairs, with just a sink and commode. I'm not sure if i will put tables upstairs as well or some comfy furniture.

The more i think of this as a tearoom the more i like the idea. I will now make the Storybook cottage the country collectable store. So here's the progress so far, with one coat of paint. It will have at least 3 coats and this kit is great cuz it has all the trimwork included!

Pale bluish or greenish slate with ivory accents?

Ivory accents for sure....some sage green for sure....not sure about roofing yet!

I have a great sign around here somewhere (just gotta paint it and style a name on it)...i haven't a clue where i saw it, but i did see it a few months ago....hmmm possibly in the basement.....

Thanks Judi! It looks better in person, less pink really :)

I have pictures! This is as far as i will get until next weekend. In the photos the paint looks pretty pink, its more of a darker color, more salmony than it looks in the photos. i'm not sure what the accent colors will be yet. I was excited to find this can of paint, i forgot that i had it. I originally purchased it for the Federal but decided it wasn't right for that particular house.

I'm going to make a little bathroom upstairs, with just a sink and commode. I'm not sure if i will put tables upstairs as well or some comfy furniture.

The more i think of this as a tearoom the more i like the idea. I will now make the Storybook cottage the country collectable store. So here's the progress so far, with one coat of paint. It will have at least 3 coats and this kit is great cuz it has all the trimwork included!

Hi Cats!

I just found your thread here. I too have been doing the WINSTON. S-l-o-w-l-y evolving, I keep shoving things inbetween (trailer,etc.) Mine will someday be a PETSHOP. I have done alittle bashing...not much. I put a round window in the front peak and plan to do my windows differently. I was also playing with the idea of making a third floor :clap:

okay, i tried to dry fit the roof, of course it wouldn't cooperate. I think this part of construction will be a tad more trying. The MDF is kinda heavy. I haven't read the instruction for the roof yet but i just thought of a way to glue some of the pieces together to help make it easier.

I just took pictures but need to download them from the camera. In looking at the interior of the house and the space that it has i think i may actually make this into a tearoom! It has a nice amount of space for it....so i think i will save the idea for Bella's country collectables for another house.....

I had trouble with my roof too! Some of the pcs didn't seem to match up right :)

I can see that one with either tile or tin if you don't want a shingle look.

Hmmm you have me thinking here! The house comes with shingles, however they are very roughly cut and would not be the look i want to acheive....so since i was going to buy new shingles anyway, i'm liking the idea for an alternate style of roofing! Thanks for the ideas!

Hi Cats!

I just found your thread here. I too have been doing the WINSTON. S-l-o-w-l-y evolving, I keep shoving things inbetween (trailer,etc.) Mine will someday be a PETSHOP. I have done alittle bashing...not much. I put a round window in the front peak and plan to do my windows differently. I was also playing with the idea of making a third floor :lol:

I had trouble with my roof too! Some of the pcs didn't seem to match up right :D

Do you have pictures? Oh your ideas sound so cute! I can't wait to see the finished product! I have also had ideas to change a few things such as windows and the door. Not sure yet cuz that would be more money to spend. I will add a wall on the second floor for a powder room, that may the only bashing that i will do. I did consider putting in a bay window tho and a fireplace. If i do a bay window however i would then replace the front door and windows...so we'll see how things go!

That is a cute little house. I don't ever recall seeing it before. I like the paint

color.

Thanks Holly! It's not a house you see often that's for sure. I had been watching them on ebay from time to time, but due to the particular seller who has had most of them, i elected to not buy the house. If i remember right, i got a good deal on this house with a different seller.

Well i tried out some furniture in the house last night. It will not be big enough for my tea room! I'll go back to the original idea of a country collectables shop! Disappointing but i'll find a better home for the tea room. In fact i will have the tea room in a home! I'm not sure which kit i'll use for that at this point but i minimally want 4 rooms. Then I can do theme tea rooms...such as the rose room...the.... well you get the point! One room will have the counter and shelving behind it to sell tea sets and tea, i'll have a counter for desserts. Then many tables and chairs.

After i set up just the counters last night and some other furnishings there would have only been room for 2 tables, it was quite squishy so i'll carry my idea over to another kit! I like the idea of possibly the Arthur or one of my dura craft kits for this!

Shame that it won't work out as a tea room -- but it should do fine for collectibles. I like your idea for theme rooms in your tea house -- will you do tea services in the color/flower theme? That would be cool. Look forward to seeing more :wave: