Winston cottage

ilovecats

Hi Margarita!

Last night I painted the upstairs ceiling and did a papered ceiling on the first floor. Decided Not to put in the stairway. So we will have to use the imaginary one. At first I was goin to have it run against the left wall....now I decided to nix it all together! Moving right along......... :lol2:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Margarita!

Last night I painted the upstairs ceiling and did a papered ceiling on the first floor. Decided Not to put in the stairway. So we will have to use the imaginary one. At first I was goin to have it run against the left wall....now I decided to nix it all together! Moving right along......... :lol2:

I can't wait to see how it turns out!

here's a photo with my roof on. It fit pretty well except that last front panel, the bottom corner pokes out to much, but i have a plan to improve that. I tried and tried to get that panel to fit better, but no luck. The rest of the roof fits great tho.

I can't wait to see how it turns out!

here's a photo with my roof on. It fit pretty well except that last front panel, the bottom corner pokes out to much, but i have a plan to improve that. I tried and tried to get that panel to fit better, but no luck. The rest of the roof fits great tho.

Sounds EXACTLY like I had to deal with....I tried a couple different ways, in case I had them lined up wron....but I FINALLY did MAKE it fit!

:wub: You think that might be why :lol2: thay quit making the kit??????????????????

I will try to get some recent pics! Hope we two can keep each other going!!! :banana:

The interior painting is complete and so is the wallpaper! I have been cutting flooring (craft sticks) and wainscoting (skinny sticks) and needed a break. I don't think this house will be cassie's country collectables (named after my sassy cat cassie)...i had a feeling the wallpaper would be to pretty and it is...this house will have to be a boutique or wedding shop. I'll post pictures this evening. It's turning out nicely tho!

The cottage is finished! I loaded some piccies into my webshots album, i'll try to get some pictures into the gallery after lunch. Silly me, I forgot to put the steps in front of the cottage for pictures. How rude of me, the poor steps would have wanted to be in the photos i'm sure. At any rate, they are antique maroon just as the trimwork is. I just don't want to pull out the camera again today. It's quite a process to download and upload the pictures.

I completed the house today (shingles) and I am very excited. The roof was a bugger to shingle!!!!! I finally took off the little peak that goes above the doorway, it just didn't fit right and was on a slant which made shingling kinda frustrating. Looks TONS better without it! The cottage is finally complete! I just need to put some cafe style curtains in it and decorate. This is definately Cassie's country collectables...and antiques...:) I just need to find my sign and get it done up!

I'm pleased with the way this cottage has turned out, I LOVE it! No false modesty here, to see it in person, it looks better than the photos. I did not have specific plans for the decor, one thing just followed the other. I love how the cottage told me it wanted to look!

The exterior is not pink as the pictures will show...but i'm just not a photographer! Sorry about the wonky angles in the photos....not sure why i got the photos that way :hide:

Margarita

I went looking for pics...maybe they're not there yet..... but I THOUGHT ONLY my three furkids were the worst!!!! I mean I easily refer to mine as SCOTTISH TERRORISTS!!! :)

Now I see they are in good company :hide:

Donna .....waiting to see your WINSTON pics!

Margarita

I went looking for pics...maybe they're not there yet..... but I THOUGHT ONLY my three furkids were the worst!!!! I mean I easily refer to mine as SCOTTISH TERRORISTS!!! :D

Now I see they are in good company ;)

Donna .....waiting to see your WINSTON pics!

How is your progress going? I'd love to see some updated pic's!

Marg and Donna, your little cottages are lovely! Marg, I especially like the little details, like the shelving high on the wall on the ground floor. And the little attic cubby is just too cute! Nice work, ladies!

Marg, this house is BEAUTIFUL!!! I TOTALLY Love what you have done to the upstairs room!! Thank you so much for sharing your WONDERFUL pictures!! Your work look totally wonderful!!

Thanks Tracy! :wub:

Hi Margarita,

I love the name of your house, I 'm living next to the Winston-Appartmenthouse, wich use to be a cinema!

with regards, wilma

Kokkie

I am curious about the house you have on your avadar.....is there a close-up of that???????

• 1 month later...
I put the foundation together!

I still can't decide on bakery or shop of some kind!

If i go with a shop, i'm not sure of a wedding shop or like a collectable shop with country decor like birdhouses, quilts, etc....

Hmmmm not sure yet. Haven't thought up a color for the house either! I think i'll put the shell mostly together first then decide!

This is gonna be a fun house, it is milled mdf and has some pretty trimwork!

I had to laugh when I read this. Bec can tell you that when I put together the general store kit to use for my wizard shop recently, I changed my mind a 100 times as to just what I wanted to do with it and decorate it.

Kat

OH HELP!!!! Ive started the WINSTON a year ago......and I can't force myself to finish and furnish......what's to become of me....................??????????????????????????? :)

I'm SO ashamed of myself!!!!!!! :)

Don't be ashamed! :wave: It will come to you one of these days when you are not expecting it!

Don't be ashamed! :giggle: It will come to you one of these days when you are not expecting it!

I caught a bit of the bug tonight and did some windows, wallpaper border,painting......but had to leave it at 5:45 It's calling me now...but I'm on this forum........................ :thumb:

this is a really great house!

i'd be sorely tempted, except for what everybody has said abt problems with the roof. maybe when i learn more ...

thanks for the super photos, i'm inspired. :thumb: