CONTEST POSTPONED?

Marlene

I was having many slowdowns and page errors too, and saw that other people were having the same problems.

I figured that their servers probably can't handle the bandwidth. So does this mean we have to start all over again from the beginning? Don't know if my poor heart can handle it again!! lol... :)

I was having many slowdowns and page errors too, and saw that other people were having the same problems.

I figured that their servers probably can't handle the bandwidth. So does this mean we have to start all over again from the beginning? Don't know if my poor heart can handle it again!! lol... :)

I hope not!! I just posted in another one. I think its still going??

We are so sorry for the Confusion. As soon as I noticed that I was having an issue getting into the forums, I called Dean to let him know and he got on it Pronto!

These things happen and though I wasn't playing I have so much fun seeing your excitement!!

THANK YOU Dean SOOOOOoOOOoooOOooOO Much for the fun and also for deciding to postpone the fun so others will have a fair chance to play. It really says a lot about You!!

Now, I am about to go to the chit chat area and tell Y'all about my sons BIG adventure today!!!

I was surprised to see that some people got in and were able to post in the contest. It took me five minutes to even open the first list of topics, so I kind of thought something might be wrong. I wasn't sure if it was with the site or my service provider. I still thought it was fun and thought people might drop out after a while and then it would be easier to get in...if it was the site. I wasn't giving up. Never, never, never give up. :) I'll see you all another day when we play again. I hope Dean is OK...he's probably pulling out his hair right now.

THANK YOU Dean SOOOOOoOOOoooOOooOO Much for the fun and also for deciding to postpone the fun so others will have a fair chance to play. It really says a lot about You!!

It's been said before that Dean is a class act, and the decision to postpone the contest to allow everyone a fair chance certainly shows why he has that reputation. I'm off to chit chat to hear about Tracy's exciting day and read more about the Dark and Stormy night. :) We can count on Dean to let us know updates about the contest as soon as he has them available.

Deb

I know what you mean Betty - I had found all the clues, had my list.. and missed the first entry because it took 11 minutes to get into the page along with several "No Service" messages.

Poor Dean but I'm glad we'll all have a chance to hunt for the White Orchid at a later time

-David

I know what you mean Betty - I had found all the clues, had my list.. and missed the first entry because it took 11 minutes to get into the page along with several "No Service" messages.

Poor Dean but I'm glad we'll all have a chance to hunt for the White Orchid at a later time

-David

Except I never found all 13. At the end my son was helping me, but we still came up one short. I should have had him helping me earlier in the day. Only having 12 on my list kind of took the pressure off. I knew I wouldn't be able to post in all 13 anyway, so I was only playing for the White Orchid. :) Just participating in these games is fun. I'm sure winning is fun too, but I certainly enjoy playing. :wacko:

I posted this already but it bears repeating. I had fun even though my computer was sooooo slowwwwww.

There seem to be some people that are harboring a lil anger at the fact that the contest was postponed. I look at it this way. IT WAS FREE! FREE STUFF! FREE SHIPPING! FREE! FREE! FREE! FREE!

All we had to do was do a lil searching on our backsides. No ditch digging. No collating a thousand papers. No toilet scrubbing.. Nothing but exercise our brains, eyes, and fingers. Some of us had to change plans but things happen. Tires get flat. Runs in stockings. Pimple on your forehead. You roll with it people!

(getting off soapbox now)

Dean, you are great. I stumbled onto this place looking for answers and I made a lot of great friends. I have learned alot of stuff and have done some mini stuff I never thought I could do. If I never win a single solitary thing this October it doesnt matter! I won already....a great place to go to chat, learn, and laugh!

Heidi

There seem to be some people that are harboring a lil anger at the fact that the contest was postponed. I look at it this way. IT WAS FREE! FREE STUFF! FREE SHIPPING! FREE! FREE! FREE! FREE!

If I never win a single solitary thing this October it doesnt matter! I won already....a great place to go to chat, learn, and laugh!

Heidi

Absolutely agree, Heidi!!! I personally think it was the whole Friday the 13th thing :lol: Too bad the contest couldn't go on as planned, but what the heck -- Dean came up with a equitable solution and there are far worse things that can happen than a server overload :D Think Greenleaf has been extraordinarily generous thus far this month -- what a great company and we should all be grateful that they've provided us with such an absolutely SUPER site!!!! :wub:

Since I never win anything, anywhere, anytime, anyway I'm not about to let a little bump in the road upset my (green) apple cart! (But maybe, just maybe, my name'll come up this month :D ) And if I don't win, I still have oodles of people to talk to, share with, laugh with and sometimes cry with!