Partly finished Westville dollhouse - free to a good home in the Bay Area

fov

Nine years ago, I started building the Westville as part of a Greenleaf community build. Then I got a new job that kept me really busy, and got sucked in by half scale, and I never finished the poor Westville. Oops. :(

I need the space and would like to offer this house for free to someone who wants to finish/rehab it. I don't want it to be pilfered for parts -- there are a bunch of upgrades I'll include and if I didn't mind trashing the house, I would pilfer it myself! :lol: But I think this house could be easily finished and want to offer that opportunity to someone who's looking for such a project.

Most of the rooms are wallpapered and I'll include the extra wallpaper needed to finish the kitchen plus whatever extra sheets I have of the rest. Some of the wallpaper and ceiling paper is peeling off -- either the glue or the sealer I used underneath has turned into crumbs and I don't know why. I think it would be easy enough to sand and re-glue (maybe without needing to remove the paper at all).

The house is partially shingled and the shutters are already put together. I'll include the remaining shingles and all the rest of the kit pieces (porch trim, interior window trim, etc.) The house is tapewired and I'll include the lights that are hardwired, as seen in the pics. I tested the electricity and it works, but the junction splice under the house is a little wiggly (might need to be pounded in or moved to another location -- an easy fix). There are also two outlets in the master bedroom and one in the attic. You'll need your own cord and transformer since I have already stolen those for another of my houses.

Upgraded parts include a nice front door with a window and diamond mullions, a casement window in the kitchen, Houseworks stairs, and an upgraded door on the under-stairway closet. The attic has hardwood flooring installed and I added a dormer and closet with bi-fold door to the bedroom.

I'd prefer not to ship this but will consider it if I don't get any takers locally. I really want to see it go to someone who will be excited to finish it up and make it awesome. (Mother/daughter project?!) If you're interested or know anyone in this area who might be, please send me a PM.

post-7-0-35021400-1407018136_thumb.jpg post-7-0-46726100-1407018141_thumb.jpg post-7-0-44973300-1407018145_thumb.jpg post-7-0-93543000-1407018151_thumb.jpg post-7-0-40842600-1407018185_thumb.jpg post-7-0-06175600-1407018183_thumb.jpg post-7-0-98613100-1407018179_thumb.jpg post-7-0-16347200-1407018177_thumb.jpg post-7-0-89356400-1407018174_thumb.jpg post-7-0-99781900-1407018171_thumb.jpg post-7-0-13843800-1407018169_thumb.jpg post-7-0-20860500-1407018166_thumb.jpg post-7-0-53536300-1407018163_thumb.jpg post-7-0-16773700-1407018161_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. I know rehabs can be frustrating but I think this is a house that doesn't need a lot of tearing apart, just finishing up. Hopefully someone will come out of the woodwork. :)

I would love to have this house also. I live about 3 hours from you but I just can't make the drive. My son was going to San Fran today but think he changed his mind. Now if I could change his mind!!!!! I will see what I can do

I'm not in a hurry... don't mind waiting as long as it means seeing the house off to someone who will love it! Maybe we can meet halfway sometime. I'll send you a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh it was wonderful to meet Emily!!! She is such a sweet petite girl. Wish we could have visited more but there's always another day for that and there will be another. Got the Westville. Emily you have done an awesome job on it. Hope I can do it justice finishing it. I thank you so much

• Like 2

Thank you, thank you, for giving my Westville a home! Sorry we couldn't chat longer but I'm sure our paths will cross again. :)

I can't wait to see how you finish the Westville. I hope you enjoy it and that the wallpaper that needs fixing doesn't turn out to be too much work.