December 2006 Swap Sign Up

CatColorado

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe I am signed up to make 18 items, this will be the largest swap I have participated in to date. Guess I better get crackin' on the "baking" :w00t:

u and i both! 18 items WOW this is going to be fun! i cant wait to receive 18 cute little items for my house~!~!!!

I've got both Tams and La-dolly-vita in, and we are now at our limit of 20 persons. Any others who wish to sign up will go on a waiting unless until we either decided (a) to increase the number of participants or (:blush: someone drops out of the swap ...

20?

How fun..

I might just make those ----- ----.

I'll be having so much fun!

Edited by moderator to remove description of item.

Edited by LPCullen

I'm thinking about it. Not too sure, never done anything like this before. Let me see if I get the jist of it before I decide.

20 people are signed up (not including me...yet)

I make 20...lets say pie's

I send them, "individually wrapped" in to the "HUB" with return postage ($5)

Everyone else does the same,

Then I get pie? LOL, joking about that last part.

Then I get one of each of the others' pieces as does everyone else?

I'm probably sounding completely obvious, but this will be the first time I do something close to this. Still not sure I can do do it to begin with, but I'll get started anyway.

Am I getting it right?

You've got the jist of it. If you want one of your own swaps you would make one more than what is posted. Cause, one that you make goes to the hub. Now if the hub is also signed up for the swap, you don't count her twice.

Also you put the members name on your individually wrapped "pie" and who it is from.

Right now, since we have hit the twenty mark (the maximum number for participants) we aren't adding any more sign ups. However, we will keep a waiting list for people who wish to join in case of a cancellation. That list will be in order of first come first served. If we have two cancellations, then the first two people on the waiting list will be added. The waiting list will be public... or should be, I have to check with Linda on that. I haven't received any requests yet but I can't speak for Linda.

P.S. Don't be discouraged by the idea of a waiting list. If we get 10 or so people on it, we might be able to work something out for those people. Shhh, don't tell Linda :)

I had an epiphany last night! (and that always gives me heartburn) Since I don't work with clay, I was really racking my brains to figure out what to make and it came to me like a beacon of light shining down thru dark clouds. Well, it wasn't quite like that, but it sounds better than "I had an idea". :)

Deb

Right now, since we have hit the twenty mark (the maximum number for participants) we aren't adding any more sign ups. However, we will keep a waiting list for people who wish to join in case of a cancellation. That list will be in order of first come first served. If we have two cancellations, then the first two people on the waiting list will be added. The waiting list will be public... or should be, I have to check with Linda on that. I haven't received any requests yet but I can't speak for Linda.

P.S. Don't be discouraged by the idea of a waiting list. If we get 10 or so people on it, we might be able to work something out for those people. Shhh, don't tell Linda :D

LOL!

No, I haven't had any requests, and yes, I agree that the waiting list should be public. I'll probably put it in the pinned and locked topic beneath the participants.

awe man and I found something to do :)

:doh:

Does that mean you want to go on the waiting list?

Just so everyone knows, I won't be around for about 36 hours. I have to take a trip to Denver for a test, I leave this afternoon and won't be back until tomorrow night. So y'all behave yourselves while I'm gone, alright?

I picked up my supplies on Saturday at AC Moore. They had a 50% off coupon ;) I can't wait to start making them. Since we have to make 20 I better get started :D Has anybody else figured out what they are making yet? :blush:

I picked up my supplies on Saturday at AC Moore. They had a 50% off coupon :) I can't wait to start making them. Since we have to make 20 I better get started :D Has anybody else figured out what they are making yet? :D

I have an idea, but I need to think about it. It may be a more complicated project than I want to get into. ;)

Am fishing for alternatives. :blush: