Your favorite build

Deb

Y'll are just making me giddy. I don't know who to hug first so GROUP HUG!!!!!

:group::group::groupwave::group::group: I wish I could find the words to express how happy I am right now. I'm sure I will pretty soon but right now all I can say is that I haz a serious happy!

I'm already eyeballing another Maggie - goodness knows why, I guess it must be the love they pack in the box at the GL factory! :bow_arrow:

Eureka! That's it! With every dollhouse kit comes the free gift of love and friendship.

I've said it before, but it's worth repeating. I think the Rosedale is a "sleeper." It's not super flashy, and you don't notice what a great design it is. But I love it's staircase, and even the kitchen with all the miserable angles. It's a roomy house with all kinds of possibilities. I know I will be building another one in the future :)

I agree completely on that one. The Rosedale is a very elegant house and during the building process, she has a way of gentle swaying you to what she wants. She's not demanding, but she is insistent. She'll make you lose sleep and get up in the middle of the night to change something. I had fun with the kitchen and built a faux cabinet on the backside of the staircase wall with the funny angle, then added some shelves to the walls to balance out the visual weight of the room and soften the angles because that's what she wanted. Like you said, she's got all kinds of possibilities and she'll let you know what she wants in a quiet and dignified manner.

You know what I did? I tore out all the lighting of every house I built and removed all the furniture and items inside all of them, boxed everything up and that's how they've remained ever since. What on earth was I thinking???

Oh Wendy, I'm sorry to hear that. If you were thinking what I was thinking, we both need to stop thinking those things! When I packed up my houses for this move I told Bruce that I wasn't sure I would ever unpack them. While I have unpacked the houses, all the minis are still packed and the boxes stacked under the tables. The houses themselves are off their bases and covered with plastic sheets.

Peggi, you too? And Teresa? This is reaching emergency proportions and we need to get a Level 4 Dollhouse Trauma Team together :stretcher: to get these poor dollhouses back out into the light! We'll overcome all obstacles whether they be small human fingers or furry little paws! We'll figure out how to make it all work because together we can do anything!!!! :cheer:

Deb

• Like 3

Well, y'all know me. I can't have just one....The first house I built that got my blood boiling for Greenleaf kits is the Tennyson. I have 3 most favorite other Greenleaf builds--first is the Arthur--that is just such a versatile kit! Second I guess I love the Emerson Row, another versatile kit. Third would be the Van Buren. The kit I always lusted after, and have in my possession but haven't built it, is the Beacon Hill.

I think that my favorite one is whatever is on the work table, at the time that the question is asked. Daisy Eulalia's Cottage is it at the present time. It started out as a Coventry. Any resemblance, living or dead, to the original house is purely coincidental. As long as the house keeps talking to me, it's top of the heap.

• Like 2

I would say my favorite build was the Canterbury. When I saw Linda's Lemony Snicketts, I had to have that house. Also I loved building the Buttercup bash

AKA Martha's Vineyard cottage. It took a year in my spare time. But my favorite house as dollhouses go, is the Orchid because it's a great size, not too small and not too big either. You can fit enough into it to make it look like a home.

• Like 2

I was trying to stick with the smaller houses but the laser cut Chantilly has always appealed to me. I am thinking I need to start saving for that one . I always wanted to try a laser cut house. My poor fingers are so beat up from the splinters!!!
I am considering another Orchid I like mine so much! :)

I have 2 dollhouse kits,both Dura-Craft Ashleys,that I got started on,but haven't finished-I looove them,but got overwhelmed with the first one,trying too hard,I guess,and shelved it for now. I love the ideas I have for the second one I started last fall,but I'm so slow to execute them and am still almost scared to glue it all together permanently-something I hope to remedy this weekend. But,I am also now working on the Orchid rehab I received from Jeffrey/Jeff. It has absolutely renewed my confidence and I have been steadily working on it-as fast as my slow hands will let me anyway!LOL I have 2 more Orchid kits,an ebay find and the one my older son surprised me with for Christmas,and I am even more excited to get to them now after finishing the rehab! I agree with the others,I just love the Orchid, and when I'm not working on it,I'm staring at it,and I pat it when I walk by! So,this is my long way of saying the Orchid is my favorite 'build' so far,even if I am only redoing what someone else already built. ;)

Oh Deb, you do know what I was thinking! I can't thank you enough for getting me back here and hopefully start up again. I gave away my Country House but I still have most of the others. Although now I will have to take one at a time and do some major renovations. Or maybe just move on and build some of the laser kits I had purchased. Either way, I'm HAPPY!

• Like 1

Oh Deb, you do know what I was thinking! I can't thank you enough for getting me back here and hopefully start up again. I gave away my Country House but I still have most of the others. Although now I will have to take one at a time and do some major renovations. Or maybe just move on and build some of the laser kits I had purchased. Either way, I'm HAPPY!

This makes me so happy too Wendy. There are a lot of levels to all of this and it's kind of mind blowing in a way because we're meeting again at the exact point in time where we're facing major renovations, changes, and basically are reinventing ourselves as miniaturists---and for it to be happening to so many of us at the exact same moment in time cannot be coincidence either. The difference is that now we actually *do* know what we wished we knew back then. LOL!!! Actually the difference is that even without anyone saying anything, I can see there has been a lot of hurricane force winds blowing thru several lives that left mini destruction behind them. But we've decided to pick up the pieces, rennovate what we can and look ahead to resurrecting plans from the "I always wanted to..." files or brainstorming with the Muse about something totally new and different. It's just time Wendy and as always, we'll heal while we build. I'm glad that we're doing it together.

Deb

• Like 2

My all time favorite house was the Willowcrest...my 2nd build....I built it for my sister/friend and her 3 girls...it still resides in Pensacola

and when I get another Im doing it all haunted and NEVER letting it GOOOOOOOOOOOO....

but my first team build was the Arthur...I wasnt excited about it being our first build but about half way in....it started talking and never shut up

it is here in Az with us...my friendship house...filled with goodies from all over from my "mini" friends!

that house is always going to be a special friend! :bear:

also note...it was the Willowcrest that brought me here to ask questions....those days it was TracyT,LindaPC and Holly in here manning the forums....and than they rolled out this place and WOW did we grow!!

• Like 2

My all time favorite house was the Willowcrest...my 2nd build....I built it for my sister/friend and her 3 girls...it still resides in Pensacola

and when I get another Im doing it all haunted and NEVER letting it GOOOOOOOOOOOO....

Your Willowcrest kit is sitting on the floor in the studio waiting for me to get myself pulled together enough for our play date! It's been talking to me lately too and asking me when it gets to go home so it's longing for you too. A haunted Willowcrest is going to be an awesome sight indeed and you do haunted soooo well.

I was thinking about the smaller kits the other day and thought fondly of the Haunted House kit that refuses to be Haunted. I still think that's one of the sweetest little houses ever. I kept one in my stash because it's easy to build and definitely one that I'd build again. My first one is home to my retired librarian and all her cats. She was getting overwhelmed with the cats until Anna sent them some adorable mini cat toys to play on and they settled right down. But that's a kit that I'd build again and once again, when I think of it, all I can see is something cute or sweet.

Deb

Wouldn't it be cool if we built one at the same time?

YES!!

the build team builds were always so much fun because we all worked on the same issues at the same time

I MISS it!

Deb...no worries...with us so close..just a phone call away when you are ready to play...lol...

how weird is it to be able to say that....

life is funny with all its twist and turns!

:banana::banana:

• Like 1

This is such a difficult question to answer since each dollhouse is so unique but when I think of assemblies that stand out for me it has to be the Pierce, Beacon Hill, Fairfield and Lily.

The Pierce is my favorite fun assembly. That dollhouse is so simple to build and has such potential for coming out super that I could build it over and over again.

The Beacon Hill is my favorite challenge assembly. Its a very time consuming and detailed build which I don't tire of trying to perfect.

The Fairfield is Pierce fun in a smaller scale. I love assembling that dollhouse.

The Lily is an accomplishment. It is the assembly that always stands out for me as being the most complicated build I've ever tackled and for that, I love it! If you want to test your skills that the dollhouse for you.

These four have certainly been my most memorable assemblies and I would tackle them all again, any day.

For me it was probably the Orchid because I participated in the Team Build here on Greenleaf. It was fun seeing the same kit take shape under different hands. The team builds show the versatility of these great houses while letting us bring our dreams to life.

• Like 2