Murals in the dollhouse - any ideas? I can't paint to save my life.

Elsbeth

I really really want the diningroom in my federal house to have a mural on the wall.

There will be wainscotting and a chair rail - but I really want a colonial/historical/traditional mural on the wall.

I was thinking I could decoupage a scene onto the walls, but it needs to be something looooooong and horizontal as I want it to be the same scene of at least 1 entire wall.

I wonder if this is even possible?

I want it to resemble this:

http://www.lmcmurals.com/constable_overview.jpg

I am stuck! help!!

Hi Elspeth,

That's some beautiful mural! I can see why something like that would be so appealing - but hard to paint. What about finding a picture of a mural or painted scene and printing it out on the printer and applying it like printed wallpaper?

-David

Mini Graphics has several murals similar. I'll find the link but I know its at minigraphics.com

Okay, you can go to there website here : http://minigraphics.com/miniatures/products.html

click on Natasha wallpaper & Alice lacy

Glad to help. You need to contact Minigraphics for it if you can't find it. Sometimes shops have told me that those prints were discontinued.

I called m inigraphics and I bought them from minigraphics direct. What happens is sometimes a store may no longer carry that brand and they tell the customer that it is discontinued.

:p

When I bought some from them last (It's been about 3 years though I think) it was still in stock.

I saved a copy of CountryLivingmagazine that has colonial seaside murals going up the staircase. I am planning on doing that in the MHM. I dont know if I am going to wing it and do it myself or give up and cheat.

Love the pic of what you desire.

This website called Christopher Gurshin is folk art ideas of what I plan on doing on the staircase wall.

Anna that is a great idea. I have noticed that i am getting better at the wallpapering the more rooms I do (Practice makes perfect!) I must conjure up some spirit because I am always able to get the right measurement, put them on the back of the paper and then use xacto to cut the lines.

It takes alot of patience!